S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess i have to upgrade my batt and or an alternator for my bagged 03 s10. With the stereo running and compressors the meter is dropping. What should i get? 2 battteries or just a bigger alternator with a yellow top?

·
Nice Jorb
3,146 Posts
First, post your setup. 2nd, upgrade the big three (batt to alt, batt to chassis ground, batt to frame ground). 3rd, keep in mind that if you have multiple compressors and a stereo your coltage will drop because there is increased load on the charging system. I've got a system, and 3 DC5000 comp's. I just turn it down some when the comps are running, but I still see a voltage drop and I have a 200 watt alt, 2 ga wire every where.

·
I cant win for loosing.
3,226 Posts
Do a search for ''the big three'' (battery, ground wires, alt), and consider a power capacitor for your amp.

Edit, Im slow...that is all

·
The Schnauzberrys
2,399 Posts
I would do like mentioned above and get a bigger alternator. I dont really see a need for more than one battery with what you have but that is my 2 cents

·
working at 145bpm
1,025 Posts
how is a cap going to help? you are adding Another electrical device to an already starving electrical system.. i would try the big 3 and adding a battery first. if you really wanted to be safe, get the biggest high output alt you can afford, which is costly, but worth it in the end.(while also doing the big 3 and possibly adding a second battery)

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
dude a cap wired i before his amp would help if he is bumpin while his compressor is runing
cap will not help. upgrade big three, and upgrade alt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts