S-10 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2002Chevy S-10 LS 4x4 Club Cab
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Thank you I think i do to. When I

Thank you, I have gone with a patriotic red, white blue on the undercarriage when I fixed all the rust I used too much black so I spruced it up a bit. I will now have two front calipers red and the back one white, one blue. Thank you for your input have a nice day. Hank
please note these three after photos much more appealing than the one before, enjoy
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
As much as I wana say, cmon man atleast tape off the rotor lol I know it don’t matter, u can wipe the rotor off with brake cleaner or the pads will scrub it off.

this country needs more patriotic minded ppl, do your thing bro

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
As much as I wana say, cmon man atleast tape off the rotor lol I know it don’t matter, u can wipe the rotor off with brake cleaner or the pads will scrub it off.

this country needs more patriotic minded ppl, do your thing bro
That was my test to make sure the Fluid FILM oil is truly cleaned off the rotors, All I need to do is drive it for ten miles it will be gone then. Thanks for your input. HANK

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Decent way to remove decals that has worked for me many times is a little heat and use som monofiliment fishing line. Start at one end with with the end of about an 18-24 inch piece in each hand or wrapped around something like a wood dowel and make a sawing motion. Not exactly a new concept got to be vids out there that demonstrate it.
IT Worked, yesterday, I was able to get the LS emblem and S-10 emblems off by using fish line and heat gun. The door molding was more difficult , its off too. The pinstripe game right off by just pulling it off, a couple places were stuck in chunks, but a heavy used thumb nail got it off. The slow tedious part was trying to get rid of all the adhesive residues. Took forever, but rolling it with your fingers and alot of 90% alcohol I had on hand from another project finally worked. I am guessing a bottle of Goof-off would have worked better just wasn't availible at the time My prep work is all done now, except for a good basic car wash Friday night. 48 hours away from the first piece of film being installed. Getting excited about this part of project now. Havea good day, I will keep all of you updated as the project unfolds.
Thank you,
HANK

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hank
The 3M 08984 General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner works very well on the GM decal adhesives. Its a little spendy at about $30 a quart. In my opinion well worth it. My tip for the side molding type decals is get an edge started and wet it with the 3M then go HAM with your tool of choice. Chase the peel back with a little 3M as you go.
By the by changed my user name from my gmail.(spidermonkeydj) Still trying to get the hang of the forum.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Hank
The 3M 08984 General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner works very well on the GM decal adhesives. Its a little spendy at about $30 a quart. In my opinion well worth it. My tip for the side molding type decals is get an edge started and wet it with the 3M then go HAM with your tool of choice. Chase the peel back with a little 3M as you go.
By the by changed my user name from my gmail.(spidermonkeydj) Still trying to get the hang of the forum.
Ok good to know, I am in the mountains, who can I get it from.
Hank

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Hi everybody if you want to see a great video please google: x18 Flamethrower, they have a great video, it is awesome. YES Supposedly legal in the 48 United States.
For only $3495.00. I highly would recommend a very expensive insurance policy to cover collateral damage.
Hank
Please let me know what you think if you see the video.
Hank

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Hi everybody if you want to see a great video please google: x18 Flamethrower, they have a great video, it is awesome. YES Supposedly legal in the 48 United States.
For only $3495.00. I highly would recommend a very expensive insurance policy to cover collateral damage.
Hank
Please let me know what you think if you see the video.
Hank
here's the link, please your opinion is welcome:
Hank

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 · (Edited)
Customer base for this particular item includes agriculture, rock concerts, entertaining, bar b cues, and several others legally purchasing and using this item, also forest service and fire departments
Hank

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 · (Edited)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Here is the truck before the final wrap prep was done. The pieces to be removed for the drivers side Black Vinyl wrap on Saturday this week are: Ls Emblem, S-10 Emblem, Pinstriping and lower door molding. These items are not planned to be going back on the finished truck. The metal was cleaned with all the adhesives removed before completion of this step.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

This shows the completed final prep instructions. It will be taken to the car wash for final cleansing in the morning then contained in the garage on Saturday for the installation of the Gloss Black Wrap. Please note the items removed.
Hank.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 · (Edited)
Friday night:
My son showed up at 5:00pm and wanted to start on the wrap. We filled some small dents and dings with a body putty then started on the left front fender wrapping the vinyl. I am really impressed as the amount of gloss this film has and how this looks like a real paint job. We didn't get very far this evening because of starting so late in the day. I am really impressed by what I am seeing, this is exactly what I wanted the truck to look like. This is the second vehicle my son has wrapped and he really wants to take his time so this looks. I found out it was very tedious tonight taking out the wrinkles out of the wrap where the fender flare is. Anyway he wants to do the hood and most of the left side. Not able to do the bed this trip, this area needs more body work. Please stay tuned, this weekend will give you nightly updates.
Hank

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Starting to rain, nice to have garage to move into.
Coming together, slow and tedious you have to be a patient person. Please give me your opinion and input. This is a forum let's talk it up .
Hank.
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Tonight's final photos for Saturday night. We now have the hood, the left front fender and left side drivers door completed in the Gold to Gloss Black full body wrap. The high gloss is really fantastic. Please see photo #4, this is my son's reflection i the Gloss of the vinyl. Please see photo #3 for a wide shot of the two photos. 1
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Forehead Eyebrow Shoulder Mouth Hood

101 - 120 of 143 Posts