S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2002Chevy S-10 LS 4x4 Club Cab
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has had their vehicle wrapped. Am planning on a full color change on mine from gold to gloss black with accents in carbon fiber black. Would love to discuss this with someone before I do mine. I have purchased the material, Vivvid Ultra Gloss Ultra Piano Black for the body, Vivvid Black Carbon Fiber for the accents, wheels, mirrors, and fuel filler doors. Watched several videos, CK Wrapp and Paradox Styling on you tube have several that are informative and quite colorful. Asking out there in the "Vast Quantity of S-10 Land " if anyone has done this. My Vehicle is a clean 2002 Chevy S-10 LS 4x4 Club Cab. Also wanting to trade up for ZR5 wheels to finish the project. My son started this transformation process in December when the vehicle was purchased by trading out the Delco Cd/cassette original radio with an android. Have a great, Work Safe,, BE SAFE Let's talk.
thank you

Hank Weirauch

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive parking light

·
B4U Task Force Admin
33,083 Posts
Really no need for a 2nd thread on wraps. You should start a new thread in the How To section once it's done, outlining the process.

·
Premium Member
2003 Sonoma SLS ext. cab 4.3L / 4x4
1,591 Posts
What is the purpose of basically duplicating a thread on this topic that you started on 4/13?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really no need for a 2nd thread on wraps. You should start a new thread in the How To section once it's done, outlining the process.
PLEASE CANCEL THE FIRST ONE, IT WAS A BUST. Received no useful information on
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Vehicle Grille

that one I unfollowed that one this morning, starting over with new plan same subject.

Thank You, Hank

·
B4U Task Force Admin
33,083 Posts
I'll close it, but if you didn't't receive any useful info in that thread, what makes you think this one will be any different? Threads take a left turn all of the time. A different thread will do the same thing.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Here's a couple of things to contemplate. You may not have yet received any replies on this forum for a couple of reasons. 1) Some members may not have seen the thread yet - some members drop in and out of here from time to time. 2) It may have been done to an S10 by someone who is not a member of the forum, or has done it and is no longer active here. 3) This doesn't seem to be a highly common thing that S10 owners do, or have done; maybe no one here has done it. There are likely other reasons, but those are a couple of examples. Also, if you don't get any 'useful' replies here, you may want to expand your search beyond this forum, such as: vinyl wrapping a vehicle - Google Search. There may be some contacts there that you could discuss the project with. The process is pretty much the same for all vehicles, and each type/ style of vehicle will no doubt have its own set of challenges. And just like painting a vehicle, the bulk of the work for a successful result is the preparation work.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a couple of things to contemplate. You may not have yet received any replies on this forum for a couple of reasons. 1) Some members may not have seen the thread yet - some members drop in and out of here from time to time. 2) It may have been done to an S10 by someone who is not a member of the forum, or has done it and is no longer active here. 3) This doesn't seem to be a highly common thing that S10 owners do, or have done; maybe no one here has done it. There are likely other reasons, but those are a couple of examples. Also, if you don't get any 'useful' replies here, you may want to expand your search beyond this forum, such as: vinyl wrapping a vehicle - Google Search. There may be some contacts there that you could discuss the project with. The process is pretty much the same for all vehicles, and each type/ style of vehicle will no doubt have its own set of challenges. And just like painting a vehicle, the bulk of the work for a successful result is the preparation work.
I totally agree with everything you have stated, and I agree with the how to thing. So today's post was my introduction to the project. Next I am going to explain and document the prep work I have already done, leading up to the actual wrap phase this summer. It needs to be done in summer here in the Colorado mountains because the temperature of the wrap needs to be at least 7o degrees so you can stretch it to minimize when installing. SEE MORE TO COME.
That's my game plan on this newer thread.. .
Hank
Cloud Sky Plant Larch Branch

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a new video everyone must watch shows a S-10 being Wrapped in vinyl wrap.

Apparently you tube does not allow you to cut and paste their video links in document. To see this video you can type into their search window. "S10 retro vinyl wrap" It is only 6:30 minutes very interesting and quite colorful. You may expect a lot of videos thru this listing upcoming to explain everything involved in wrapping a vehicle.
Also attached my very first attempt at wrapping, The traditional gold Chevy Logo, I failed, messed this up, will fix it properly when I wrap my vehicle. I used too much heat with the heat gun so it melted on me bulbed up on me, so this temporary fix was I cut a small square out of the carbon fiber wrap material and patch this. O' well win a few loose a few. Please enjoy and watch the video. Catch you Later. From the high country in Colorado.
Thank You Hank
\

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Automotive parking light
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting
Automotive carrying rack Plant community Motor vehicle Hood Sky

·
Hardhead
1,097 Posts
I've seen trucks get a wrap. It seems that the most common candidates are square bodies. When you start dealing with compound curves is when it gets challenging. Try wrapping a mirror and you'll see what I'm talking about.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Here is a new video everyone must watch shows a S-10 being Wrapped in vinyl wrap.

Apparently you tube does not allow you to cut and paste ................
You Tube videos are posted on the forum all the time, and the link you included works fine.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, I will try a mirror, planning on doing mirrors, wheels, and fuel filler door in black fiber carbon
These are separate from the body panels that are going tobe done in Ultra Gloss Piano Black.
Thanks for your input and please keep coming back, I plan on posting more videos here as well as other tip. Tomorrow I am going to discuss WRAP PREPARATION. Have a great day Work Safe, BE SAFE. From. The Colorado High Country.

Thank you
Hank W.
Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I found some embossed gator that I wanted to do mine in.
Trash can lid rims and it would be the envy of the hood!,
I saw some on Amazon the other day a black gator wrap, I was quite impressed with it. I have already bought what I will be using on my S-10. However that is a strong possibility for my Polaris quad later this summer. Thanks for the input, Have A Great Day. Please stayed tuned in tomorrow I am doing a discussion on Wrap Preparation. Please send me a photo of your RIDE that way I can visualize what it would look like in gator print. Either that or maybe you were giving me a "CROCK" lol. Work Safe BE SAFE. From the Colorado High Country.
thank you,
Hank Weirauch

\
Automotive tire Tread Road surface Asphalt Wood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive parking light
Cloud Sky Vehicle Plant Plant community
Sky Cloud Mountain Plant Tree

·
Registered
840 Posts
Not yankin' your chain, I think it would be cool on the right vehicle. 2-door, 2WD lowered 2nd gen Blazer with a big aluminum LS in it. They make some amazing durable wraps, I'm sure that garaged and cleaned regularly you should be able to get 4-5 years out of a quality wrap.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts