S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here is my request.... This is odd i do know... i ordered a HEATER ONLY blower box from my dealer last thursday... (cheap btw) and I talked to the parts guy today on the phone. He told me that the heater only box was on back order, HOWEVER he told me that if i found a s10 that came from the factory with only just the heat, and get the VIN from that truck he told me that would prioritize the back order and put the order at the top rather than at the bottom. (basically like a truck was down in their shop and needed it ASAP!

can anyone help me with the VIN... the parts guy told me that Chevy will run the VIN and check for option codes and prioritize my shipment that way. ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE!!?

-Thanks

Remember ..... 2nd Gen HEATER ONLY S10's

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
just from thinking for 2 seconds Id imagine he has a truck with a heater only

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
i never seen a 94 up without a/c hum interesting learn something new every day must be super rare., wow.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
just sold my daily, but still have the old insurance card here.. :haha: 98 gmc sonoma 1GTCS1441W8518378 factory stripped model with no A/C.

also just so you know, you will also need the non A/C box blower fan blade as its shorter then the normal ac fan. If ya try and put an A/C fan in a non A/C housing the fan will hit the back wall before the screws are tight.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just sold my daily, but still have the old insurance card here.. :haha: 98 gmc sonoma 1GTCS1441W8518378 factory stripped model with no A/C.

also just so you know, you will also need the non A/C box blower fan blade as its shorter then the normal ac fan. If ya try and put an A/C fan in a non A/C housing the fan will hit the back wall before the screws are tight.
PM sent. Thank you so much!!!!:cool: This is why the S10 forum members stick together. (for the most part)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PM sent. Thank you so much!!!!:cool: This is why the S10 forum members stick together. (for the most part)

now that was a 98 Sonoma (that's what carfax said)... will that still work on my 96... i assume that it's still the same one since it's a 2nd gen... Correct?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
♠ M®. ßlυε ♠;7188837 said:
Four Seasons:
Blower Motor w/Wheel

Part # 35406

i had bought a new blower motor about 5 months ago.... isnt there a way i can just get the fan wheel for the Non A/C?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
ACDELCO Part # 158395 {#52458984} PRESS-ON
IMPELLER,HTR & A/C BLO REGULAR CAB; w/HVY DUTY HTR(C42)
IMPELLER,HTR & A/C BLO EXTENDED CAB; w/HVY DUTY HTR(C42)

$20.79

rockauto.com

·
I Prefer Shaved
178 Posts
my brothers 99 came without AC and we are in the south...i think this truck was originally from the north though.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ACDELCO Part # 158395 {#52458984} PRESS-ON
IMPELLER,HTR & A/C BLO REGULAR CAB; w/HVY DUTY HTR(C42)
IMPELLER,HTR & A/C BLO EXTENDED CAB; w/HVY DUTY HTR(C42)

$20.79

rockauto.com

acdelco is the one i want? o'reillys carry that im wondering? i really would like to just go get the stickin thing from the parts store vs. online....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts