S-10 Forum banner

VIN code

1K views 29 replies 5 participants last post by  Twin-10s 
#1 ·
i have a WX in my code line between the numbers, what does that mean, i understood that you either get a W or an X, not both, anyone know?

#19 ·
SS. That is not a CPI engine. It appears your 8th digit in the VIN is X. I believe what you have is a throttle body injector unit. CPI's have a big plastic "vortec" label on the intake and a unual shaped upper intake manifold. TBI looks kind of like a carb sitting on the top of the intake, it usually has a couple of "pod" injectors.

#21 ·
come to think of it, all of hte blazers that i've looked at in the junk yards have the same looking motor...and the 8th digit is a "W" and the 9th is an "X" like i said before, i doubled checked just now, i dont get it :shrug:

#22 ·
I don't know anything about the 9th digit in the VIN.
Go look in the s-10 gallery on page 4, Album titled "Strange". If this is what your engine looked like in the beginning it is a TBI engine. If in the beginning it had the black and orange "Vortec" plastic name plate on the intake it is CPI. The CPI upper intake is silver with three intake runners per side. The 8th digit denotes the engine, 10th digit denotes the year.

#25 ·
i decided after looking at otehr websites, that the RPO L35 that i put in the translator on this site gave me the code for the old L35, which was a CPI, so i assume that i have an SFI. but i am still baffeled as to why i have a WX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.