S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15.87 Drag Run

Ran on Oct 31, was about 45 degrees out and traction was sucky out of the hole, as you can probably see by my hydraulic-like launch.

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
Damn dude you almost had him!!!!

LOL, good run.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well do you really expect me to keep up with a 12 second fox body!?!?!?! Everytime I go I line up against nothing but fast f bodies and fox bodies, never fails!

Here is one of a 3rd gen killing so I don't look like I'm in reverse
3rd gen kill

·
do it....NOOOOWWW!!!
674 Posts
is that a v6 3rd gen?

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
BiGB7184 said:
is that a v6 3rd gen?
Nope, no way a v6 3rd gen would run anywhere near a 16, it must have been a 305. In case you didn't realize, 3rd gens are really not fast at all, the 350 tpi iroc's were decent mid-high 14 second cars, everything else was a 15's and slower. I wasn't posting because I thought I was bad ass, just wanted to post a race that I actually won and one that wasn't against a 12 sec drag car!

·
do it....NOOOOWWW!!!
674 Posts
MINTSICK said:
In case you didn't realize, 3rd gens are really not fast at all
oh i know that lol. My friend has an 89 v6 and I beat him everytime, but a v8 running a 16.9 or maybe .4?(cant tell) that sucks ass

·
Registered
94 Posts
Derrick,

You mean LG4. As for slow Gen 3's, ever run into a L69 HO. ?

They can be made to run 13 's with very little work.

I know this because I have one in the stable. Yep, big 305
in all it's glory.

As a matter of fact, I would take a 305 HO. over a 4.3 anytime.

·
Registered
742 Posts
jmwxtreme43 said:
Just to think that there is no way obrien even touches a 15.1!
if you want proof I can have the vid sent to you. since you obviously can't handle the fact that my truck runs good and yours isn't as fast. As I said before I had great conditions that day. Quit crying like a little bitch! Get over it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
my auto ran a 15.2 with about $250 in mods. i dont see y he couldnt run a 15.1 with a 5 speed and more mods.

·
Blue Oval for Life!
7 Posts
:cry::cry::cry:
jmwxtreme43 said:
Just to think that there is no way obrien even touches a 15.1!
:cry::cry::cry:

:wtf: Dude you are still crying over this? Grow up your truck is just a dog. This thread is about mintsick having a good run. Don't be an a$$.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
thunderstruck said:
Derrick,

You mean LG4. As for slow Gen 3's, ever run into a L69 HO. ?

They can be made to run 13 's with very little work.

I know this because I have one in the stable. Yep, big 305
in all it's glory.

As a matter of fact, I would take a 305 HO. over a 4.3 anytime.
That's great that you have a fast 305, but really if you look at the stock 1/4 times for 3rd gen camaro's, the only decent times being put down are from 350 tpi/auto iroc z's. I knew there was one decent 305, but even then it is only a 15.5 runner stock, and that is just not impressive for a camaro of any year. Impressive camaro's started in 67, went into the early 70's, and then became impressive again in 1993. I am talking stock, not modded, so yes your 305 in the 13's is impressive, but I am not so sure on running 13's with very little work. How much work are we talking here?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts