S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
the Zen of S10
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I be feeling vibration in the brake pedal at a complete stop (automatic trans)? I'm pretty in tune with all the noises my truck creates when I drive, when I got my 50 series flowmaster I relearned the sounds. Now that I just recently put in a gen II fipk in, I'm noticing a vibration in the brake pedal when I'm at a stoplight or sign. Is this normal, is the engine computer still learning the new mixture and thus running a little rough?

One note: in my install, I did drop a wrench in the bay but had no problem recovering it. It fell by the steering column, when I picked it up, I also found some sort of shim (U shaped piece of iron about an inch square) just setting on a tray under the steering column. Anyone know what this is just by my description? It was not attached to anything, just setting there.:rolleyes:

·
pcload letter wtf is that
112 Posts
are you running a first gen? if so I have the same problem, but I can also hear my vibration, mostly at stops and when I turn the wheel it will get quiter or louder accordingly, I believe it may be the power steering pully or a bushing out somewhere but I don't know for sure....let me know what you find

1 - 2 of 2 Posts