S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new here.

I have an 87 S10 4X4 Blazer with the 2.8 engine. 130,000 miles. It starts hard.

The engine has been replaced by the former owner just before selling it to me. It vibrates at all rpms shaking the mirror and everything else. Really vibrates bad.

New plugs, wires, rotor, cap, and the timing is set at around 15 degrees by me. Probably needs a new timing chain and gears.

Scanner returns a code 34 which seems to tell me a bad MAF or MAP according to the book. Problem is I dont think this engine has either a MAP or MAF. Does it?

Now the previous owner tells me he thinks it might have a broken motor mount.

How hard is it to check the mount? I can hardly see around down there.

And what do you have to do to replace a motor mount?

Thanks,

Jay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The new theory is that I may have a problem with the newer motor being either balanced internally or externally.

The previous owner may have put the wrong flywheel on it.

Its an automatic and now I need to identify what engine it is. How do you do that? I have no idea what vehicle it came from.

I am told the balanced flywheel has a weight around the edge that may be visible by removing the inspection cover.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you have torsion bars check the rear mounts for wear ,where they join tranny crossmember !
got rid of a lot of my vibration ! after numerous other things !

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
You do have a map sensor it should be attached to your air cleaner if it is stock. most likely it has come disconnected from its vac source. also check out the flywheel for the weight. I cannot remember where the info is on the block to figure out the year and info. will do some checking and will post if i find it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts