S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently replaced 4 tires..balanced and all (of course). When i hit the highway with the new rubber had a terrible vibration in the rear, you could feel a little in the steering wheel, but mostly in the seat. The only thing that changed was the tire size, i went from the stock 205/75R15, to 215/65R15 which should not be the problem....I have replaced my U-joint in the driveshaft, and it has brand new shocks...anybody have any suggestion on where i should go from here!? O any kind of ideas as to what is causing this problem?:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I would complain to whomever put your tires on and have them recheck the balance. I've seen new wheel weights come right off. You might ask to see the tires while they are balancing them to make sure that the tires are perfectly round. It is not uncommon to have a new tire be "out of round". Hope this helps.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i put the tire on myself and balanced them 3 times...i even moved the rear tires up fornt to see if the vibration moved upfront and it really did not change

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea a 2/2 drop ...the vibration did not start until the new tires

1 - 5 of 5 Posts