S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An issue developed with my truck about 3 months ago, I've got a nasty vibration that starts around 20 and lasts to 25mph. It's probably the worst right at 25.

I had the U-joints replaced about 2 months ago which I thought would fix the problem (especially because when I took the driveshaft out the joints were quite sticky/siezed). The new U-joints may have helped slightly, however the problem is still there.

Driveshaft shop said that the carrier bearing was ok, I'm thinking pinion angle maybe?...

...but it doesn't really make sense that my pinion angle would just change one day out of nowhere. This problem literally just started out of the blue, I owned the truck 3 years prior without the vibration.

Do you guys have any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
An issue developed with my truck about 3 months ago, I've got a nasty vibration that starts around 20 and lasts to 25mph. It's probably the worst right at 25.

I had the U-joints replaced about 2 months ago which I thought would fix the problem (especially because when I took the driveshaft out the joints were quite sticky/siezed). The new U-joints may have helped slightly, however the problem is still there.

Driveshaft shop said that the carrier bearing was ok, I'm thinking pinion angle maybe?...

...but it doesn't really make sense that my pinion angle would just change one day out of nowhere. This problem literally just started out of the blue, I owned the truck 3 years prior without the vibration.

Do you guys have any other ideas?
maybe a rim threw a weight, does the vibration seem to be coming from one particular side or just the entire truck is vibrating?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that might be it too, but the vibration there with either of my sets of wheels.

And ya, it feels like the entire truck is vibrating.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone?

Also, is there any way I can measure pinion angle without an angle finder/gauge?

·
Registered
9 Posts
mine was the nuckle or ball joint between the u joints in the rear they
kept going out so i had it cut off and lenghthened and i havent
had a problem

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not lowered, yes two-piece driveshaft, all 3 U-joints were replaced.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I would check your steering components and even your wheel bearings normal routine (lift the front tires off the ground if you can shake them and there is play they are bad). maybe a weight fell off the driveshaft that kept it balanced and noone noticed it was gone? idk just throwing some ideas out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts