S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MiNi tRucKiN' oN A buDgET
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have 2 viair 380s (i believe) for my (2) 5 gallon tanks. never had a problem wit them and ran them all winter long. this week, one of them started making a lot of noise and was vibrating a lot. it was a real pain in the ass cause it was a ton louder than normal. plus it was taking longer to fill the tanks then normal. due to work i couldnt check it right away so it was like that for prolly like 3 days...anyways i finally got to look at it yesterday. i pulled the filter element off the end of it and blew it out. as soon as i did that a ton of metal shavings came out of the filter, i knock them all out and htere was a lot. then i looked in the air intake of the compressor and sure enuf there was more in there so i blew it out. i think that the compressor has completely taken a shit on me. anyways it has a 1 year manufacturers warrenty and its not a year old yet but it says that i need hte reciept for it. problem is that i dont have the reciept (got it thru a shop and i cant get ahold of him) is there a way to send it in er something? anyone know? thanx fer the help, sorry for the long message! its tough dealing wit this kinda stuff when ur a broke ass minitrucker! lol

·
Registered
612 Posts
Unfortunately without the receipt you may have a problem. Ive never heard of a 380 doing that. I had it happen with a few 480's but not a 380. The reason they want receipts is to show date of purchase, and Ive heard that they check receipts to see if and what kind of pressure switch was installed.

·
Registered
687 Posts
pull it apart, its not that hard. be carefull of not ruining the seals. I know these thing like the back of my hand. i can walk u thru it. im actually rebuildin 2-450s right know they had the inner bearings blow apart!!!

·
XCENTRIC CUSTOMS!
363 Posts
my 380 shit on me but it was used, crank bearing shattered, idc i had another one and its still pumping, good luck with viair!

·
Registered
687 Posts
you have to pull it apart and see what is all busted up, and then call viair and you can order all the parts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts