S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

took me a long time to calculate the numbers :cool: I ran them all by viair and they are correct.
any questions post away. ;)

:EDIT: all CFM numbers are at 140PSI

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
nice info..... all your info on this stuff needs to be put into a sticky somewhere....lol

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heathd said:
its nice having all the info, thanks man.
shure thing ;)
I know it is a pain everywhere I called I got a diff number for CFM it was crazy

I just wanted to lay out the facts for people to help them when they buy.

Thanks for the props guys.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
I couldnt imagine waiting 3 minutes for some electric compressors to fill my tank back up....

<3<3<3 EDC

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dragginbody said:
if a 400 420 500 and 550 all have the same cfm, shouldnt they all have the same fill times,

or do they have a dif cfm at dif pressures?
I thought so to but the CFM if I remember is something od like one is 0.9214 and one is like 0.9287 But I just ended up running with the numbers viair gave me they seem odd but same CFM on two totaly different comps give different fill times lol :rotf:

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok people why has everyone been calling viair? ha ha :lol:
enough so that they send me an E-mail about it lol

The list was sent to the tech dept. and my numbers are being run through to make shure they are as close as they can be.

about the compressors, They sell rebuild kits for most if not all of there compressors,

$50 for a rear end rebuild brushes thermal contacts the works.
$50 for a front end rebuild piston / ring . crank everything but the head and motor surround.

about over running your compressor like (over max PSI) you will damage the brushes and wear them much faster also you will risk the chance of destroying the piston ring as well as snaping the piston ;) (can not be rebuilt)
so if you over run it "STOP" if you want it to last ;)
As I get more info I will post i up for you all.

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
LOL uhh ohhhh you got viair in trouble. LOL people know how slow their compressors really are now! haha

·
Anybody got 20's?
5,731 Posts
DJDAudio said:
ok people why has everyone been calling viair? ha ha :lol:
enough so that they send me an E-mail about it lol

The list was sent to the tech dept. and my numbers are being run through to make shure they are as close as they can be.

about the compressors, They sell rebuild kits for most if not all of there compressors,

$50 for a rear end rebuild brushes thermal contacts the works.
$50 for a front end rebuild piston / ring . crank everything but the head and motor surround.

about over running your compressor like (over max PSI) you will damage the brushes and wear them much faster also you will risk the chance of destroying the piston ring as well as snaping the piston ;) (can not be rebuilt)so if you over run it "STOP" if you want it to last ;)
As I get more info I will post i up for you all.

You need to make more sense on what you said that is marked in bold. You said you cannot rebuild it if the piston snaps yet you said you can get a rebuild kit that includes the piston, piston ring, rod, and crankshaft? Then why can't I rebuild it if that happens when I get the kit. You stated that the only thing you couldn't get is the motor surround and head.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
02 s-10 xtreme said:
You need to make more sense on what you said that is marked in bold. You said you cannot rebuild it if the piston snaps yet you said you can get a rebuild kit that includes the piston, piston ring, rod, and crankshaft? Then why can't I rebuild it if that happens when I get the kit. You stated that the only thing you couldn't get is the motor surround and head.
yea, what happens when the piston breaks or the ring goes is that the walls will get gauged sp? so you will not be able to use new parts and have it seal right.

the reason you would buy a 'front end' kit is to replace warn parts.

but yes everything can be replaced but the motor , case, and head.

Does that help?
I said it all funny before lol
:haha:

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
EDIT: I was wrong with the 380!! duty remains at %50 at 200 PSI and 100% at 100 PSI

New list up in its place soon.

·
Registered Fabricator
777 Posts
The CFM rating that you posted - what CFM is that rating for? As pressure increases, the CFM output decreases. I am assuming that they are rated at the max p.s.i. (ex. .67 CFM @ 150) ??? Also, the max run time, is that also at the max p.s.i., free flow, 100 p.s.i., or is just doesn't make any difference, you can run it constantly for 2 min. 30 sec. at any pressure.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cdog24 said:
The CFM rating that you posted - what CFM is that rating for? As pressure increases, the CFM output decreases. I am assuming that they are rated at the max p.s.i. (ex. .67 CFM @ 150) ??? Also, the max run time, is that also at the max p.s.i., free flow, 100 p.s.i., or is just doesn't make any difference, you can run it constantly for 2 min. 30 sec. at any pressure.

good questions,
all CFM numbers are at 140PSI 72F 1 bar inlet.
max run time is from 110~145 , 165~200 or the upper range of there max PSI

1 - 19 of 19 Posts