S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 4 vette wheels off of a 98 corvette. Has anyone tried to put these on their s-10? If so please share, and if anyone has any info on these wheels, website, etc. please share. I know I need spacers, but I put the wheels up to my truck this afternoon and they fit right on. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the vette wheels were 5 on 5 and s-10's were 5 on 4.75? My buddy measured them with a wheel measuring tool and it said 5 on 4.75. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:dunno:

·
Registered
485 Posts
i am in the exact same situation. when i first read your thread, i was wondering if i was really so tired that i made a thread and forgot about it. i got some 98 vette rims for $300. i jumped on it because of the price, first plan was to sell, then i thought about puttin them on my truck. we'll see

P

·
0 Posts
I thought the s-10's were 5 on 4.5, not 100% sure though as far as the vette wheels go I dont know

·
The Original A D M I N
18,797 Posts
vette wheels are 5 on 4.75 and you would need quit a bit of spacing to fit on your truck.

look at about 289 or there abouts for a pair of spacers. so about 600 bucks on average.

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
phat96 said:
I thought the s-10's were 5 on 4.5, not 100% sure though as far as the vette wheels go I dont know
nah s10s are 4.75 too. 4.5 is rangers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
S10s and Corvettes share the same bolt pattern, but the backspacing is totally different. 'Vette wheels are very deep.

Here is where you need to get your spacers: http://www.vettebrakes.com/ They sell billet aluminum spacers for around $150 per pair. They are the best quality that I have ever seen. I once managed a tire shop and have also seen what cheap spacers can do.

Measure the backspacing of your current wheels and the 'Vette wheels. Subtract the difference and order that size spacer.

As far as the '97-'99 'Vette 5-star rims, don't buy them with the intention of reselling them. They are a dime a dozen. C5 guys pull them all the time and they won't sell for much. Most 'Vette guys don't like the way they look, and they are too narrow for racing tires. The 17" fronts are 8.5"s wide. We need at least 9.5s. The 18" rears are 9.5"s wide, but they are 18s.:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts