S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a letter from verizon saying I can use my "upgrade to a new phone cuz you have been our bitch for long enough and u just have to continue to be our bitch for another 2 years" plan. I can get the voyager for 150 bucks.

I have never been a fan of touch screens as I would always fear I would break it. But It has a nice full keyboard as well. I will never go without a full normal keyboard again I love it on my current phone. I know a couple peeps here have it and now that you have had it for a while how do you like it? Pros and cons? I can also get the Palm Centro but I think it is ugly and is too wide for me.

So post away! I will be going to check it out and play with it maby tonight if I get done eating soon enough or I will sat. I have to buy it by July 31 if I want this deal.

·
Dillon
329 Posts
i do not have it, i have used it, it is a great phone i like it, i would be afraid of scratching the screen,im very rough on phones, verizon just came out with a new touch screen called the dare, i have not messed with one but it seems to be a slick phone, i have the flipshot, i love it. it takes very good pics.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have one.... and its a good ass thing i got the warranty.... ive had to replace it three times...every time i got a new phone and the exact same thing happened to everyone... i would recieve calls, but i couldn't hear anyone and they couldn't hear me...so 3 phones all same problem... i would just get a new one, but i dont want to spend any more money on a new one... its a great phone when it works though.....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eesh. Sounds like there are quite a few issues with this phone. Maby I will just wait and keep my current phone till my actual 2 year renew thing comes up. Since this was just a deal going on.

·
has 22's now
3,624 Posts
Just got a letter from verizon saying I can use my "upgrade to a new phone cuz you have been our bitch for long enough and u just have to continue to be our bitch for another 2 years" plan. I can get the voyager for 150 bucks.

I have never been a fan of touch screens as I would always fear I would break it. But It has a nice full keyboard as well. I will never go without a full normal keyboard again I love it on my current phone. I know a couple peeps here have it and now that you have had it for a while how do you like it? Pros and cons? I can also get the Palm Centro but I think it is ugly and is too wide for me.

So post away! I will be going to check it out and play with it maby tonight if I get done eating soon enough or I will sat. I have to buy it by July 31 if I want this deal.
hmm i have one and have had 0 issues out of it. I've had it since April, you can buy some clear stick on covers to protect the screen on ebay or in the verizon store.

·
Registered
547 Posts

I got a chance to use one extensively a few days ago- I was unimpressed. The touch screen is clunky, just as bad as my old HTC Wizard's touch screen. I think it is shaped odd, way too long, not small by any means.

As far the Centro being too wide, they are nearly the same width, if not exact, but the Centro defintely 'feels' smaller in my hand and is very responsive. The only thing bad about that centro is the minature keyboard.

Probably best to go demo the phones in-store and see what feels right to you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't really need all differnet aps though. Just want a nice phone that I can call, text, and just mess around with. I don't need to calculate my taxes or do any crazy things with it.

I am def going to go check it out in the store though and play with it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
ive got the voyager, gf works for verizon so i got hooked up...if you talk to them, you can demo a phone..basically they give it to you for a period of time, unlimited texting/calls/apps whatever you wanna do. personally, i love the voyager. you can calibrate the touch screen to however you like, camera is nice, qwerty keyboard is nice. i would definately give it a thumbs up. she had the dare for a demo this weekend and its okay, fully touch tho. trying to text on a touch screen can be a PITA, but its camera is better and response when using the touch screen seems a little bit faster.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I Have One And I Really Like It..the Speakers Are Loud..touch Screen Is Not Near As Good As Iphone..but Everything Else I Can't Complain About..its Def Worth It

·
Resident Blackhawk C.C.
2,557 Posts
I have an EnV and I love it, I know there's an enV 2 out now but havn't used one yet, maybe go look at those while ur at the store

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
LG = crap

I had this phone for a week, and all I have to say is that it was a big disappointment. Besides the fact that it is cheaply built, with crappy materials, touch screen response is very sluggish and unresponsive, internet browser is pretty much useless, music manager is slow, there is no support/applications out for it, it is just a "dumbphone" with a touchscreen. The only good thing about it was probably the keyboard. $150 with a 2-year contract? I wouldnt even take for free with a contract, do yourself a favor and buy yourself a smartphone with windows mobile, you can't go wrong with the HTC touch :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts