S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting some times that I acquired using a Vericom VC-200. It's basically a very accurate version of a G-Tech. Military grade accelerometer that uses both a lateral and straight line Accel. along w algorithyms to come up w figures......

1st Run: [email protected] MPH. Left at 2000 RPM Against the brake. about 15 feet of wheel spin. Shifted at 5500.

2nd Run: [email protected] MPH. Left at 1500 RPM against the brake. Shifted at around 5200 rpm.

3rd Run: [email protected] MPH. Short burnout. Backed up. Left at 2000 RPM against the brake. Shifted at 5000 RPM.

No they are not stellar numbers but I learned a couple of things..

A: Revvin it to the moon does squat. you guys w 6000 RPM limiters are accomplishing nothing. Accelerometer showed peak g's at around 4800 RPM.

B: Anything above a 2000 RPM launch = Tirespin.

C: Monster burnouts are not as useful on radials as a short burnout just to clean the tires is.....

Figures work out to 183 RWHP and 229 lb/ft Torque.

Now all I needs a 100 shot of spray and I should be happy....Try these tips out. you may find your truck runs a bit quicker...

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zy whats the address of that girls website again. Cant find the post.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you thankyou thank you thank you....:bowdown: :booty:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:sheep: :booty:

·
Registered
82 Posts
do u know your 0-60 times?, on my blazer its around 10 secs, is that bad?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
98blazer said:
do u know your 0-60 times?, on my blazer its around 10 secs, is that bad?
I ran 2 0 - 60 times and came up with an 8.1 and an 8.0 flat. What gears are you running in your truck. 10 and change seems a little slow.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CynicX said:

shes 16?!?!?!?!?!?! :jawdrop: wtf are they putting in the water these days
Hmmm 16.. Whatever it is they are putting in it.........Oh never mind....16......Unbefuuckin believable....

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
02Red, If you take your truck to the track you will be noware near
those times. All those GIZMOS are nothing but gizmos. Those
times are very fast for a 4000 lb blazer with so few mods.
NO flames intended.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
dont forget those with built engines have higher hp/tq curves therefore going to a higher RPM gets you to the power... and not all engines are identical either... as they arent all built identical due to manufacturer flaws... go to whatever the peak hp or tq line is and thats the good rpm to shift...

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys, never said they werent gizmos..But this one is accurate....I witnessed 3 runs with a sub 10.5 car and all 3 showed a slower time by 1-2 tenths than what the car actually ran. As far as when to shift. I was makin a statement about my truck and trucks w similiar mods. I just posted the info for what it was worth. And I dont know about you guys but my registration shows a GVRW of 3480 lbs. I dont plan on putting it on a set of scales but thats what it says. No flamin takin either. I hear both you guys....

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Now this is what I call a post......INFORMATION.....not BS seat of the pants stuff. Red, I know you work for uncle sugar so where did ya get the device??

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They used to sell a public version of these rick back in the 80's. This one is actually a government issue unit that the airports use for testing and certification for a ton of different stuff. Some guys will have their doubts and thats cool. Like I said I saw it after all 3 runs and it was no more than 1-2 tenths off his slips. Whatever though. I'll still take a 15.4 for what I have done. Will also do lateral as well as deacceleration figures and also do continuous real time monitoring. It's pretty cool.....:thumbup:

·
AZX in PHX
189 Posts
15.3 isnt going to happen.. If you had a truck then I could believe it, but not a blazer..

Take it to the track and suprise yourself..

Hehe I should get one of those just so I can say I hit 14's in my truck!!

:evilg:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Zombie_97 said:
15.3 isnt going to happen.. If you had a truck then I could believe it, but not a blazer..

Take it to the track and suprise yourself..

Hehe I should get one of those just so I can say I hit 14's in my truck!!

:evilg:
I love how everyone is so quick to doubt something they seem to know nothing about. Especially the ones that pop up out of nowhere spoutin crap. What truck you have. And where does it say 14's you F'in:tool: Christ sakes it's unreal in here sometimes. Hey:ahole: A truck is lighter by what 300 - 400 lbs. Less traction. I weigh more but probably get better traction.....Ya know what...why do i bother with:ggay: like yourself....:bh:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BTW nice homepage....Um question though...Why not post all those mods you have. Too many to list...Dude there aint that much you can do to these trucks that isnt posted here so be proud. It's a shame you come off like such a douche cause your truck is nice. I could tell by that rant under news though that your just a punk w a real shiiity attitude. what was it you said...Sorry for the rant......I'm done.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.