S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're thinking about getting some for our 2001 Xtreme. Do they stick to the rubber on the door or the paint? Would you recommend us getting them? Do you like them and are you satisfied with them?

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
actually, i just took mine off...i like them very much, but i took them off for a cleaner look. it uses 3M adhesive, and it sticks to the door itself. if you want, i'll sell you mine. they are in great shape. just need some new tape for them. email me if interested

·
Registered
15 Posts
depends on what brand.

I have the Ventvisor brand ventshades. They stick to the rubber lining the window.
If you get the GTS ventshades, then they stick to the metal over the window.

I do like them and would recommend them. They allow you to keep the windows open for airflow through the truck without worrying about rain.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Re: depends on what brand.

MIC_Rulz said:
I have the Ventvisor brand ventshades. They stick to the rubber lining the window.
If you get the GTS ventshades, then they stick to the metal over the window.

I do like them and would recommend them. They allow you to keep the windows open for airflow through the truck without worrying about rain.
Actually I've got the Ventshade brand as well, but mine stick to around the window.

Regardless, it does use 3M adhesive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
mine go on the rubber around the window. I like them. don't see what hurts the appearance. guess thats my preference though! I love um especially on hot days when I park. You can leave your window cracked so it won't get so dang hot!! anyways, I love them!!

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
I have had my VENT - VISORS on my truck since it was 6 months old it is now 10yrs old and have never had a problem .

·
1st Gen Member
215 Posts
I've had my ventvisors on for 8 years, and I still like them for their function. They look ok, but I will take them off when it get closer to be a show quality truck.

PS. I've seen people with the same truck as mine, and they're stuck to the metal instead of the rubber. I guess they didn't read or follow the directions. LOL. That really looks like pooh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts