S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering, is the little hose and vent thingy necessary on the rear end or is it ok if i just clog up the hole? The reason i ask is that at the end of the hose coming off my rear end there use to be a little vent thing, well aparently that fell off and when i noticed it was gone i just screwed a bolt in the hose to clog up the hole so dirt wouldnt get in. Is that fine or do i need to do something else there?
- Mike

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Not a good idea to plug the differential vent! the vent is there to relieve pressure that builds as the rearend heats up during use.If it is plugged the pressure can build up to the point of blowing a seal.and that just gets messy ,so replace the vent thingy.Most part stores have the plastic insert in stock and you can put a new length of hose on while your at it there is a vent piece that goes in the end of the hose where it usually mounts up under the frame

·
Registered
591 Posts
NCRides said:
Not a good idea to plug the differential vent! the vent is there to relieve pressure that builds as the rearend heats up during use.If it is plugged the pressure can build up to the point of blowing a seal.and that just gets messy ,so replace the vent thingy.Most part stores have the plastic insert in stock and you can put a new length of hose on while your at it there is a vent piece that goes in the end of the hose where it usually mounts up under the frame
This is so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts