S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got this 1994 S10 Blazer with the Code W High Performance CPI Vortec 4.3L and I have been trying to find a Nitrous Oxde Kit for mine since I first got it, I now have a job at AutoZone so I will have the money to get the MSD Ignition Kit and a better fuel pump, now all I need to know is that if Venom Nitrous Oxide is any good and if I should put it on my engine even though I have 154,000 miles on it, and I also wanna know if I am gonna need to change the computer chip on it, cause if Nitrous Oxide is too much problems ahead, I'm just gonna port and polish the heads and maybe think about puttin a small turbo in it.......THANKS

1994 S10 Blazer 4 Door 4.3.L Vin-W CPI - 15.8 1/4 mile time with 160degree Hypertech Thermostat, K&N Air Filter, 3.42's, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler with a dump.

·
Resident *******
11,267 Posts
umm......not sure if venom is any good. but i do know u can get edlebrock nitrous kits from autozone. i work there too. they are not very expensive either.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The Venom kit that you are looking for ranges from $699 to $1399. The VCN-1000 is $699 or the VCN-2000 for $1399. Go to www.truckperformance.com

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But are the Venom Kits just as good as a NOS , or NX Kit and do they have a purge valve solenoids and everything?

·
StepIntoTheDark.com!!!
1,249 Posts
FaST 94 said:
But are the Venom Kits just as good as a NOS , or NX Kit and do they have a purge valve solenoids and everything?
I wouldn't be so sure about that statement.. the solinoids of the NX kit are proven to be better than the kits mentioned above..

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
Venom kits are the sh!t !!!

Their nothing like NOS or Zex, none of that... Their the only fully programmable system that helps and maintains hp ultilizing nitrous...

If you have the money to burn, get one... well worth the money.. People that say their just like any other kit, goodness, you have no clue then !!

Geesh, you program the freaken kit by laptop or home PC... what other nitrous system does that?? hmm..?? Program it to your car's fuel curves, shift points, and rpm's... No other does that... Now tell me its another kit just like the rest..

Look at the price... that kinda tells ya it more than just a bottle and a solenoid..

·
Rollin on 20s
60 Posts
VetteS10

I'm not down with Nitrous kits... but my bro told me abou this Venom kit and it sounded tight as hell like you just described. I aint gonna get one but if i ever did it would be this one...

P.S. Why are you "VetteS10"?... What did u do to it...

·
201 Posts
Re: VetteS10

2001Xtreme said:
I'm not down with Nitrous kits... but my bro told me abou this Venom kit and it sounded tight as hell like you just described. I aint gonna get one but if i ever did it would be this one...

P.S. Why are you "VetteS10"?... What did u do to it...

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme3/kviper/index.htm check out my website and you will see... :)

·
Rollin on 20s
60 Posts
VetteS10,

The truck is tight with that LT1 in it! The wing has got to go though man. I'm definetly not a fan of wings. Dosent make the truck look very fast, or serious...

Ditch the wing and you get a thumbs up! :)

·
201 Posts
I chucked the wing already... haven't updated the site yet... hehe

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm gonna have to disagree... I would never use a Zex kit. I would only ever recommend a wet shot kit from either NX, NOS or Edelbrock. A wet shot kit will give you loads of power and be the most reliable and safe setup you can just bolt on.

·
Rollin on 20s
60 Posts
VetteS10,

ohh well thank gawd! lol Sweet truck man... quarter mile time?..

·
201 Posts
s10 said:
I'm gonna have to disagree... I would never use a Zex kit. I would only ever recommend a wet shot kit from either NX, NOS or Edelbrock. A wet shot kit will give you loads of power and be the most reliable and safe setup you can just bolt on.

I thought the topic was about Venom kits, not Zex....

Yeah, wet kits are fine for large shots, but small shots, dry kits are efficient enough....

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
The only kit I would get for my truck is the venom because it is least likely to kill your truck IF YOU DON'T KNOW NITROUS.
How much do you guys get an HR at autozone, I need more money so I can get a V8.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts