S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
24HR Reflector Collector
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know anyhting about this? i mean does it hurt ur engine any? and does anyone here have one on thier s-10. i wanna get one but im not sure it it'll work, it says its for a 93-96 i have a 2000. but a 2.2L in an s-10 is a 2.2L right?Venom 400

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
2.2 is a 2.2 in an S-10.....wrong.....

94-97 are 2.2's
98-current are vortec 2200.....there are a bunch of differences.

Caleb

·
24HR Reflector Collector
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but my engine dont say vortec 2200 it just say 2200L

·
UAH By-product
1,092 Posts
SummerWolf said:
2.2 is a 2.2 in an S-10.....wrong.....

94-97 are 2.2's
98-current are vortec 2200.....there are a bunch of differences.

Caleb
Ive always wondered why everyone listed 2 different 2.2's for the 2000. Finally actually read both of them, and one of the motors listed is "flex fuel" or w/e. I dont know which one I have. Doesn't really matter does it? And like him, I dont think mine is a vortec. Slap me if I'm wrong......

Brad

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
dont waste your money i had the combo of venom and jet and ran 3/10's faster without any of them.the venom just tricks the tps into thinking your at wot before you really are so if you want the same effect then just step on it.dont waste your money.if anything go to www.asechips.com they can actaully move your rev limiter and rid of the top fuel govenor and give you a few ponies at the same time.the only draw back is you have to send them your ecu in order to do so.hope this helps.but i will say any other comp upgrade for this truck is bs unless you get a custom program like ase does..................

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
anything 98 and above is the vortec 2200....what do you think 2200 on the intake box stands for? and 2001 they started putting flex fuel on them, which means they can run a different type of gas that no one sees called e85.....made out of ethanol....I think late 200 they started doing flex fuel

Caleb

·
24HR Reflector Collector
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks, i was just wondering. i think i just have a regular 2.2 cause my intake box doesnt say vortec it just says 2200 SFI

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
gutlesswonder said:
dont waste your money i had the combo of venom and jet and ran 3/10's faster without any of them.the venom just tricks the tps into thinking your at wot before you really are so if you want the same effect then just step on it.dont waste your money.if anything go to www.asechips.com they can actaully move your rev limiter and rid of the top fuel govenor and give you a few ponies at the same time.the only draw back is you have to send them your ecu in order to do so.hope this helps.but i will say any other comp upgrade for this truck is bs unless you get a custom program like ase does..................
It doesn't just trick the computer into thinking it's at w.o.t. It also adjusts the map sensor reading,which is the main sensor that governs fuel inrichment.I don't know about the unit you had but mine had a connection that went to my map sensor output.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
ok smart guy the map sensor connection is to tell the venom what throttle position you are at.the tps puts out a signal to tell your comp what throttle position you are at to adjust for fuel enrichenment.when you have a venom on there is sends out a signal to the comp telling the comp you are at wot and not 30% like you actually are.that is how the venom works.i bought mine off of a rep for venom this is why you can run it with a jet or another chip.because it doesnt no directly control the a/f ratio or timing.it simply amplifies the signal coming from the tps telling the comp you are at wot before you are.their nitrous system also has a tps connection to know what throttle position you are at telling the nitrous to engage.ive had both and have done extensive research on venoms product that are available for our trucks........so stinky what venom are you running...hahhaha

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
gutlesswonder said:
ok smart guy the map sensor connection is to tell the venom what throttle position you are at.the tps puts out a signal to tell your comp what throttle position you are at to adjust for fuel enrichenment.when you have a venom on there is sends out a signal to the comp telling the comp you are at wot and not 30% like you actually are.that is how the venom works.i bought mine off of a rep for venom this is why you can run it with a jet or another chip.because it doesnt no directly control the a/f ratio or timing.it simply amplifies the signal coming from the tps telling the comp you are at wot before you are.their nitrous system also has a tps connection to know what throttle position you are at telling the nitrous to engage.ive had both and have done extensive research on venoms product that are available for our trucks........so stinky what venom are you running...hahhaha
I wasn't trying to be a smartass you donkey.You have a 2001 and i have a 1994,for all i know yours didn't even have a map sensor hookup.

·
Autocross'n Member
363 Posts
gutlesswonder said:
.if anything go to www.asechips.com they can actaully move your rev limiter and rid of the top fuel govenor and give you a few ponies at the same time.the only draw back is you have to send them your ecu in order to do so.hope this helps.but i will say any other comp upgrade for this truck is bs unless you get a custom program like ase does..................
Too bad they're out of business.I was planning on having this done this winter while my truck is stored away,but I guess it's not going to happen now:( Someone said they moved to Mexico or something and international shipping rates cost more than the computer upgrade.I don't know if that's true or not,but I sent them an e-mail a month ago and got no responce.

·
mmm, Crown Royal......
66 Posts
SummerWolf said:
anything 98 and above is the vortec 2200....what do you think 2200 on the intake box stands for? and 2001 they started putting flex fuel on them, which means they can run a different type of gas that no one sees called e85.....made out of ethanol....I think late 200 they started doing flex fuel

Caleb
my bro's truck has a mid-2000 build date if I'm remembering right, it's the "flex-fuel" 2200...although I don't recall seeing any of that ethanol shit down south anywhere...I believe car and driver or the like(seen this on tv...can't remember which auto show it was) tested some type of suv w/ the flex fuel vs. gasoline in the 1/4 mile and the suv w/ the ethanol turned out a average of of a 1/10th quicker in the 1/4 I believe due to the higher octane rating of the ethanol..I wasn't paying too much attention to that show:jester:

·
I need to get to work
62 Posts
Alcohol has no octane limit.

I don't know about this e85 business, but in LOTS of places, gasoline is already 10% ethanol. It helps emissions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts