S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 03 ZQ8 step side sonoma reg cab with a auto transmission and manual locks and windows. does anyone know the weight of my truck? i would guess somewere around 3600 pounds, but someone told me it should weight less than that. i want to do that hp estimater (sp) but i dont know the weight of my truck and my track doesnt have a scale.

·
Got Beer?
1,599 Posts
It should be listed on a sticker in your driver side door jam. Either on the door itself or on the jam somewhere. Thats where I found my weight when I had to register my truck.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
they only list how much you can hold before you max out the suspension...my dad checked through DOT for me and they listed my weight at 3309# (ls zq8 reg cab auto 4.3 stepside power everything)

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
The number on the door is the GVWR which is the max. weight the vehicle is rated for. The curb weight in that link is close for a stripped down reg. cab. Mine weighs 3165 with driver and no PB, AC, PW, and tailgate. Also threw out the bench and put in RCI racing seats and it's a V8. Try finding a scale at a truckstop.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
or go to a local dump, hauling something small, like a busted armchair. then, when you get weighed going out, to determine how much trash you dumped, that'll be your weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts