S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have this system on the pcm for their v8, what did you all do to fix/eliminate this hassle? I think that this may be the culprit for not allowing mine to stay running. I have tried two different things and am waiting on a part for my third try, if that doesn't work it will be off to be reprogrammed(I would like to do this after its running if poss)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
EDIT: Heres one thing that I have tried, I used a diagram from a different site that wasn't as informative as this one on building a circuit for elimination of the vats system. I think that I will be revising my board to this one when I get home.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
If your vats is tripped, your motor will not crank over, since it also disables the starter. If your TPI uses a 1227165 ECM and it starts but shguts off right away, most likely the ECM is bad.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i'm not sure what pcm i have, but from what i know about it is that it shuts down the injectors and won't pulsate them. as for the starter its still hooked up the way it was from factory, ran through the trucks wiring. i just ordered the vats bypass module from bakerelectronic that is suppose to send the right frequency to the pcm via fuel enable signal wire and make the pcm think that there is a vats/passkey system there. here is their site: http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7erz1/id1.html

·
Registered
146 Posts
To get vats and passlock disabled you have to have the origional vehicle key or resistor built into the column. When you have a computer reflashed it wont have passlock on it. You could ask arround local automotive stores if they can reflash computers. Napa out here in olathe ks was able to do it for 50 bucks for me. What year is the computer and what vehicle did it come out of?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lt1 came from a 96 caprice. When I went back home this last week, there is a drag strip not too far from there, I called around at different performance/racing shops and nobody there could even do it. there was one however that did do reprogamming but the car had to be there and they had to use the data link, and they said that they did not remove any programs from any pcms.

·
Registered
307 Posts
any reason your using the 96 pcm, are you hooking up all the obd2 sensors, the 94-95 pcm would be better to use if you are not hooking up rear o2 sensors and cats, egr and evap devices

1 - 7 of 7 Posts