S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm removing the unnecessary smog vacuum lines from my motor, and need to know where to hook up the vaccum advance and secondary vacuum break. I have included 2 pics with the ports labeled just like they are on the carb. Port E is to the PCV valve, Port G was hooked directly to the vacuum advance, but that may not be right. G gets its vacuum from below the throttle plate on the secondary side, so wouldn't that be the same as direct manifold vacuum? Port A goes to the primary vacuum break, port F is the bowl vent. Ports B,C,and D i'm not sure about.

·
S10=Honda civic of minis
885 Posts
I going through the same thing with my Jeep, getting rid of emissions. Also fixing the previous owners attempt at getting the truck running by just putting vacuum lines anywhere or not hooking them up at all. It's fun let me tell you. Anyway, here is a diagram for the Jeep but should be the same basically.

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Engine/2_8L.htm

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After researching different vacuum diagrams, I think I have figured out the minimum vacuum hoses for my truck to have and still run. I think I can hook them up like this.

Port A - primary vacuum break
Port B - vacuum advance (ported vacuum?)
Port C - capped
Port D - capped
Port E - PCV valve
Port F - bowl vent
Port G - secondary vacuum break

My truck has had the AIR pump removed, as well as the decel valve and EGR, so I don't have to hook them to anything.

·
Registered
654 Posts
You're going to clean that thing off and out, right? You want that linkage working smooth as possible. And check those vac pulloffs - they look old/ratty (...but it's possible they're working).
The vac advance comes off the mani (drvr side, rear of mani), but it's true up the line the vac tree.
Sec pulloff should go to a small check valve (from AIR - ties into the air cleaner T vac line) if I remember right. I'll have to take a peek to be sure.

Not sure what you think you're really gaining in capping C and D though (again, should tie in to the vac tree).

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Did a search and found this old thread. Thanks ericknight for this information. I started the emission delete on mine because it had several vacuum leaks and i have antique plates on my truck so it doesn't need to pass emissions anymore. I started pulling stuff off and then realized I really wasn't sure how to hook up what needed to be hooked up. This post and another one you have posted on is the only thing I can find on the web at all detailing how to do this so thanks for taking the time to detail it. I do have a question hopefully you can answer, do i just run the vacuum lines directly as described in your post with nothing in between leaving the distributor vac regulator and and vacuum delay valve and all the other emissions components off?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts