S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
run and tell that
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my problem.....

as many of you may or may not know, I just got my truck done this week. I love it. But, I have all my valves mounted on the tank and I am getting like no playtime at all in the front. I have SD's front cups, and I just wondered how I would get my air lines in the front from the cup (which the air lines exit through the sides of the cups) to under the hood somewhere to mount my valves?? I really think
taking out the huge gap between the valves and bags would help to eliminate the loss of playtime in the front by not wasting as much air in the line.....

anyone have any pics, or good tips on how do manipulate the air line to do this???

·
Minitrucker
2,408 Posts
what size tank do you have. there isnt that much valume of air that is being taken up by the extra airline. main reason they are put under the hood is for faster fills. i have mine mounted on my tank as well and have no complaints.

·
run and tell that
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CrEaPeR said:
what size tank do you have. there isnt that much valume of air that is being taken up by the extra airline. main reason they are put under the hood is for faster fills. i have mine mounted on my tank as well and have no complaints.

Ive got an 8 gallon tank, 1/2" SMC valves, and 1/2" line.

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
mount them on the frame under the cab, but it wont make that much difference as far as playtime goes. get a bigger tank or another comp.

·
Now owns an S-10
8,102 Posts
yeah i would just mount them on the frame under the cab, get some aluminum or steel angle and bolt them up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i got my fills under the cab the only reason my front fills slower is cause of the v8 but it does decent

·
Registered
265 Posts
I notched my frame in front of the bags and ran my 3/4" steel braided out and mounted my valves there to keep them warm in the winter. Works great for me

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
slammed isuzu said:
heres my problem.....

as many of you may or may not know, I just got my truck done this week. I love it. But, I have all my valves mounted on the tank and I am getting like no playtime at all in the front. I have SD's front cups, and I just wondered how I would get my air lines in the front from the cup (which the air lines exit through the sides of the cups) to under the hood somewhere to mount my valves?? I really think
taking out the huge gap between the valves and bags would help to eliminate the loss of playtime in the front by not wasting as much air in the line.....

anyone have any pics, or good tips on how do manipulate the air line to do this???
Just where you would normally run the air line to the back of your truck. Down the frame, put your valves there. I imagine the reason you want them under the hood is so they will thaw out real quick if they are frozen overnight, so you can get the front up atleast. If that's the case, just mount it on the frame as close to the engine compartment you can. The radiator fan will be blowing the heat back anyways, and you only need to get the valve to 32 degrees F before the ice melts inside the valve and you can air up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts