S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dime Dragger
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im gettin bags for Xmas:booty: fo the front any ways lol and i am wondering... is there a advantage to run the vavles under the hood closer to the bags? or is it better to have it connected to the air tank? i am gettin 1/2 fill and 3/8 dumps.... but i think of it like this.... if the vavles ar at the fire wall/fender and the line gose like 10-12 inches (just saying) to the bags and the fill and dump is right there it would b fairly quick? filling and dumping right? also the warmth of the engine should keep them from freezeing too? right. any one with eather set up or any info on this?:boom:

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
:thumbup: however here is my suggestion for running the line.

Mount the valves on top of the frame rails, so the air has a straight path from tank to valves, then come straight out the tee for the valves, and run it up the frame, and up and down into the top of the spring pocket, not through the side of the cup like a lot of people do. That will get you your maximum possible speed out of your setup. Use all straight fittings... except you can use elbows to come off the tank, unless you route it differently to use straights. And mount the fill valve on one side of the tee, the dump on the bottom, and the outlet on the other side of the tee.

·
Registered
193 Posts
can i see a pic of exactly where u meean to mount the valves on the fraim rail

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
If I had one, I'd show ya... just look under your truck and find a spot on top of the rail, close to the front of the truck. There's plent of room of there to bolt a set down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts