S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Drop N Destroy
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people say there is a difference in the speed in your bags the closer you mount your valves to your bags tell me what is your opinion My fill valves are mounted on my tank Some people telling me to mount em closer to the bag but i dont see it making much more of a difference But thats me

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Mine are on my tank and are fast enough.. It's gonna be a little quicker filling, and more quicker dumping... nothing too drastic tho. I love mine on the tank cause I can wire up all the valves easily without having to run wiring through the framerails/etc...

·
I hate you
2,241 Posts
I think it makes a difference, I bagged a truck and put the valves on the tank and it's not nearly as fast as mine. Mine are in the engine bay.

·
Laid Out Daily Dragger
878 Posts
Yah, the closer to the bag the better. If your going for speed. Less travel time for the air to the bag.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
damn mine are on the tank and that bitch is just too fast going up, i can't even think how much faster they would be if i had them installed closer to the bags. Even with them on the tank right now it airs out so fast i have to air it down slightly just to get it back to height. if speed is that important and you want to hop then closer to the bags is for you.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
I had mine right above the tire in front and it was hella fast, but now since I body dropped I had to move them on the tank and they are just a bit slower, but now they are louder and they echo in large places....

·
01 Bagged Truck 4 Sale
265 Posts
Iwould agree with mounting your valves closer to the bag is a little faster, I have my valves in the front just above the bag and it is faqin fast and my rear i hop it 2 inchs of the ground since i have my fill valve mounted right on the bag and it is damn quick lol

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
It may be slightly faster, but would you really every know the difference if you've only had it one way??? no. Is it going to be noticeable if you are at a stop light or in a parking lot?? no.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Its not worth the trouble, I would rather mount them on the tank.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
valves mounted on the tank are not slow at all. mine just hops right the hell up faster than i thought it would. one of the advantages of running them on the tank is that you have easy access to them for repairs or replacement, that's if they're mounted on the bed of course.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts