S-10 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1997 S10. 2007 engine. 4.3 / 262 V6
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally finishing putting my engine together.
Went to put the CAI plenum on it and hits the oil fill smack center perfectly wrong.
I'm wondering if there are more than one valve cover and I grabbed a wrong one?
97 S10. 2006 4.3 engine.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
34,430 Posts
Can't recall the screen name...Joe something, but he was the guy that was building old Chevy trucks with 4.3's. He was having the same trouble and I suggested swapping vale covers from one side to the other...worked perfect.

·
Premium Member
2003 Sonoma SLS ext. cab 4.3L / 4x4
1,767 Posts
Can't recall the screen name...Joe something, but he was the guy that was building old Chevy trucks with 4.3's. He was having the same trouble and I suggested swapping vale covers from one side to the other...worked perfect.
Dang radical - going at it bass akward again! :D

·
time to get cereal
7,375 Posts
@joedoh, hasn't been on in years.

·
Registered
1997 S10. 2007 engine. 4.3 / 262 V6
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There's some pictures.
Braided cooler lines installed.
Air-con deleted.
ABS deleted.
Quick ratio steering box.
Amazingly clean inside 2006 engine w/ heavy duty timing gears.
I spent today putting a pair of transmission coolers in series out front of the radiator. Also put in a steering cooler, but haven't hooked it up yet. I gave them all about 2 inches of stand-off.
Tomorrow I hope to get the Malibu fans and few other things.
Just about ready to crank it and hope.

·
Registered
1984 S15 2.8 5 sp
265 Posts
Tim can coolant joint, but cold air intake. I sense a misappropriation of funds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can see the soup can has been slit down the side, likely so's to curl it tighter around the hose, gotta be a rub shield. Just make sure the other side of that cut, the cut side on the inside, isn't going to rash a hole into the hose. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts