S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a flow test on the valves tonight.

I am going to display the flow rates in CFM not CV at this time. To give you a feel for the difference in flow rates.

Here they are in order from fastest (top) to slowest.

I ran (4) flow tests per valve at the same temp and volume of air. Every thing the exact same. I will continue to do tests at different pressures.

This was a low pressure test 60PSI.

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
I was kinda wondering when you were gonna get to my Parker valve. Wow, didn't know the CFM was that low. If you need the catalog to browse for a better brass valve body let me know, and then I'll see about getting you one.

·
murse
13,200 Posts
damn. i'm glad i got the 1/2'' smcs now. quick noob quetion, it it the same thing for dumps? i have 1/2'' fills and 3/8'' dumps so thats y i'm wondering cuz there is a huge difference in those 2 valves in your comparison. you still never cease to amaze me Doug. you rock! and as i said before, you just looove fiddlin with shit!!!

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
s10fan2000 said:
damn. i'm glad i got the 1/2'' smcs now. quick noob quetion, it it the same thing for dumps? i have 1/2'' fills and 3/8'' dumps so thats y i'm wondering cuz there is a huge difference in those 2 valves in your comparison. you still never cease to amaze me Doug. you rock! and as i said before, you just looove fiddlin with shit!!!
Well a valve is a valve, no matter if it's a fill or a dump.

And as he stated this was the flow @ 60 PSI..

·
murse
13,200 Posts
oh cool. thanks fellas.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
former owner
7,389 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
98layinframe said:
cool..now test them at 200 and 300 psi....;)

Oh I will!!

lol

·
ITS NOT EASY BEING EASY, MODERATOR
19,339 Posts
DJDAudio said:
I did a flow test on the valves tonight.

I am going to display the flow rates in CFM not CV at this time. To give you a feel for the difference in flow rates.

Here they are in order from fastest (top) to slowest.

I ran (4) flow tests per valve at the same temp and volume of air. Every thing the exact same. I will continue to do tests at different pressures.

This was a low pressure test 60PSI.

you should probably explain what all that means to the kids so they know what they are looking at.

people are gonna think, damn i gotta sell my 3/8'' smc valves cause they are mad slow. cause doug said so. lol

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Dragginbody said:
you should probably explain what all that means to the kids so they know what they are looking at.

people are gonna think, damn i gotta sell my 3/8'' smc valves cause they are mad slow. cause doug said so. lol
Well, he just helped sales for SMC 1/2 and Airlift 1/2.

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
What about GC vavles and yeah, operating PSI would be great ;)

Nate

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
AVTekk said:
i wanna see them at normal operating pressures (150-200)
You got it.

I will try to do that tonight.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dragginbody said:

Correct I am working on that as well.

Flow rate is not the only factor,

Quality of the valve is also key.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts