S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I tried to change my HVAC control knob and nothing happened so i'm thinking that it's a vacuum problem. I know that my vacuum lines are really old and brittle and they should all be replaced. I'm wondering if anyone has done that? What size is the hose, I think it's 1/4" OD but I'm not certain. How much should I buy? What sort of connectors should I expect to break/replace while I'm doing this whole project? I searched already and never really found an answer could someone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Would a vacuum leak like I think it to be cause my vent controller to not work as well as make my truck idle high?

·
child at heart
1,546 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yes the hose on mine fell off of that round thing attached to the hood , caused it not to work .....Forgot the name of that round thing , feel dumb now ..lol

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone know which vacuum line feeds into the controls in the dash?

·
Oh shit....
11 Posts
aperry62 said:
Does anyone know which vacuum line feeds into the controls in the dash?

im not sure on that one. but i had a vacume line broken off from my throttle body to the fuel pressure regulator. that caused a high idle.

·
Hello there!
5,227 Posts
There is a clip on top of the throttle body that has hard nylon tubes coming out of it. The one to the HVAC runs to the back and then adapts to the rubber hose that tube runs over to the drivers side of the engine. It goes through a one-way check valve/splitting tee. one tube runs to the vacuum reservoir and the other one runs into the firewall. from there it runs under the dash and into the HVAC controls.

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks man I'll have to check it out this weekend. Does anyone know off hand what size that is and how much of it I'll need?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts