S-10 Forum banner

Vacuum Lines on 2.2L

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  57 Handyman 
#1 ·
I recently found several rubber vacuum lines which have disintegrated on the motor of my 2000 Extreme. One of the vacuum 5/32" lines is on the driver's side of the engine compartment and appears to be part of the main harness near the firewall. The 7/32" line goes to the top of the throttle body. See picture below.
Road surface Grey Asphalt Font Wood
Vertebrate Automotive tire Motor vehicle Handwriting Tread
White Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Electrical wiring

What I am trying to determine is where and to what does the vacuum line hook up to? Does anyone have a vacuum line diagram for the 2.2L in my 2000 Extreme?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
literally the most common topic ever posted. Search bar is at the top.

#4 ·
Thanks for reminder...after reading several threads, found the hidden vacuum reservoir! Didn't realize one was even there! Once I replaced the rotten vacuum hoses and established the designed vacuum routing, all HVAC functions are now operating properly (y)(y)

Now awaiting next gas fill-up to see if my gas mileage improves due to correcting that vacuum leak. My 2.2L, with the exception of a K&N air filter setup, is basically stock and the MPG is hardly hits 20 miles.

#6 ·
That's where the cruise control would mount if you had it (and is probably what that plug is for), but those holes look more like a alarm system siren used to be there.

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

#7 ·
I agree, that's not the bolt pattern for a Cruise control module. I believe the wiring always included the connector so GM didn't have to make different harnesses for each option. Since it has a cap probably never was installed. If it had been removed where did they get the cap? Not like you can go to a dealer and order a cruise delete wiring connector cap.

#9 ·
I believe the cruise harness is part of the tilt steering option. I don't think I've ever seen factory cruise on a fixed column, always aftermarket. I would guess you have a tilt column then? Adding it might be hit or miss depending on the programming in the computer.

#14 ·
Short trips around town will give you that kind of mileage. If you're in town with some hw, you should be able to do mid 20s driving like Grandpa. In any case, dirty injectors will hose the mileage. I cleaned mine a few years back and it made a big difference since they were quite imbalanced. See this:

#15 ·
Rimara, I guess you looked at my profile and found that I am indeed a grandpa ;) Thanks for the suggestion! My 2000 Xtreme only has 49k miles but it probably is worth looking at the injectors. How did you clean your injectors? By removing each and cleaning them or just running injector cleaner fluids thru the system?

#16 ·
If it's a VIN 5 (Flex) you can just run a tank of E85 through it, that should clean them out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.