S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found several rubber vacuum lines which have disintegrated on the motor of my 2000 Extreme. One of the vacuum 5/32" lines is on the driver's side of the engine compartment and appears to be part of the main harness near the firewall. The 7/32" line goes to the top of the throttle body. See picture below.
Road surface Grey Asphalt Font Wood
Vertebrate Automotive tire Motor vehicle Handwriting Tread
White Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Electrical wiring

What I am trying to determine is where and to what does the vacuum line hook up to? Does anyone have a vacuum line diagram for the 2.2L in my 2000 Extreme?

Attachments

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,015 Posts
Never mind...just noticed it was a 2.2.

·
time to get cereal
5,400 Posts
literally the most common topic ever posted. Search bar is at the top.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for reminder...after reading several threads, found the hidden vacuum reservoir! Didn't realize one was even there! Once I replaced the rotten vacuum hoses and established the designed vacuum routing, all HVAC functions are now operating properly (y)(y)

Now awaiting next gas fill-up to see if my gas mileage improves due to correcting that vacuum leak. My 2.2L, with the exception of a K&N air filter setup, is basically stock and the MPG is hardly hits 20 miles.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One last item: Is there something missing as indicated in the attached pictures? Also, there is a capped plug?
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel
Hand Automotive tire Motor vehicle Finger Electrical wiring

From your experience, what could have been removed? Thank you in advance!

·
time to get cereal
5,400 Posts
That's where the cruise control would mount if you had it (and is probably what that plug is for), but those holes look more like a alarm system siren used to be there.

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Been there Done it
12,197 Posts
I agree, that's not the bolt pattern for a Cruise control module. I believe the wiring always included the connector so GM didn't have to make different harnesses for each option. Since it has a cap probably never was installed. If it had been removed where did they get the cap? Not like you can go to a dealer and order a cruise delete wiring connector cap.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK...thanks for the information and suggestions guys! If that plug is indeed for cruise control, hmmmm...possible project in future. Thanks again!

·
time to get cereal
5,400 Posts
I believe the cruise harness is part of the tilt steering option. I don't think I've ever seen factory cruise on a fixed column, always aftermarket. I would guess you have a tilt column then? Adding it might be hit or miss depending on the programming in the computer.

·
Registered
‘95 LS 2.2L Manual RWD
358 Posts
I believe the cruise harness is part of the tilt steering option. I don't think I've ever seen factory cruise on a fixed column, always aftermarket.
Are you referring to later models? Your '95 has cruise and no tilt.

·
time to get cereal
5,400 Posts
Are you referring to later models? Your '95 has cruise and no tilt.
Yea, 98+. My '01 didn't have any cruise wiring, but it did have a bunch of stuff in the column for an automatic transmission.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts