Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Pony's got a nice rear
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Where does that darn hose go??????

I have a vacuum hose coming from the intake and going to the driver's side fender......where does it go from there????

It is really, the one I have, rotten and basically turning to dust....I need to change it........................

Thanks All......................ratrace2

·
Pony's got a nice rear
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S10dude, said: "it goes to the vaccum acumulator (ball)"

The what?????? So how do I change the vacuum line???

What the hell is that.................... "ball acumulator"?????

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
wtf you talkin bout marc?

Pull off the old one, go to the parts store and get one the same size, its super cheap like cents per foot lol.

here are some pics to help you find where it goes. this is on the driver's side.

under that bolt should be a nipple for the vac line. just feel around and you will find it.

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
Well in the older years there was literally a ball hanging from the hood, that was like a little reserve so you would always have vacuum when using vac operated items.

when you move the heat/air to the floor, or direct it out of the front vents, or turn on "MAX A/C" it all uses vacuum. without this, it blows air out of the defrost vents, the floor vents, normal vents....all at once.

98+ has the vacuum in the fender where you dont see it, where this little hose goes to.

·
Pony's got a nice rear
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy Cow,
Thanks so much guys.......

I mean, I have the chiltons manual, the Alldata supscription and a couple of other bood about this truck-----plus I own one---and no one, and nothing has ever mentioned the location or function of this "Ball acumultor vacuum thing"......

Holy cow..................thanks all

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
lol, im sure its in there somewhere.

check out the ball on the right side of the hood, drivers side. that is the vacuum ball on a pre 98 truck. Once you get the vacuum line on go into your truck and turn the vent selector from the defrost to the floor, listen to the hiss...that is the vacuum being used up, even does it with the motor off since the vacuum canister is like a reserve.

pic from google. in 98+ GM just stuck it in the fender and out of the way, where it belongs lol.

Glad to help though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Can i just plug the vacuuum line where it starts at since i dont have ac or heater since im body dropped? will this affect anything?

·
It's a 4. something
3,977 Posts
if you don't have vents at all then yea,m plug it at the intake manifold. Make sure it's plugged good though cause a leak will screw with your engine.

ratrace2, don't feel bad man. My lines were missing on my 97 when I bought it and it took for freaking ever to find a diagram to figure out how to hook it back up. That info seems to be scarce.

·
Pony's got a nice rear
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you don't have vents at all then yea,m plug it at the intake manifold. Make sure it's plugged good though cause a leak will screw with your engine.

ratrace2, don't feel bad man. My lines were missing on my 97 when I bought it and it took for freaking ever to find a diagram to figure out how to hook it back up. That info seems to be scarce.
I know, it's like WTF!!!!! double WTF!!!!!
I have alot of manuals Hynes, alldata, chilton.......
Rebuild transmission videos, engine rebuild videos.....
been working on cars for 20 years......
Owned this S-10 for 4 years.......

I never heard of a damn Vacuum acumulator in the fender...?????

I had a mechanic (Pro) tell me that it went to the vacuum
collector in the dash under the heater controls.........
Actually, a couple of people said that..........

SO....I pulled the fender off.....(MARC).....then I pulled half of the dash off...Nothing....

Ya know what Happened.......????

I was feeling the end of the line that goes into the fender and it felt like it terminated into something hard line a metal line.....and that is what tipped me off that the "rubber hose" --the only part that I actually wanted to replace--terminated at the edge of the inside fender whell.................

AND............it did..................DONE.............

·
Registered
14 Posts
*You all are the holy grail *
Ive spent nights and days at the O'reillys parking lot with the hood popped trying to solve this dilemma. I'm new on this site and will be using it until my 98 tootoo runs no more! Thanks guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.