S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1993 RCSB, 430 hp SB, TH350, Exploder 8.8, 12.20s in street trim
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been the main admin and top poster there for about 10 years, a member for A LOT longer, and had no clue the domain was up for grabs. My home computer went down for about a week and now that it's back up, I find that godaddy has it, and they will not put me in touch with the actual domain owner. If I pay their $120 "broker fee", they MAY be able to put me in touch, but won't say so for sure. And on top of that, I'll also need access to the site files in order to be able to save it. If anyone has an email address for Kramer, or a way to contact "customguru", please let me know. I want to buy the domain and find a way and a place to keep the V8S10.org forum going. Thanks!

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,524 Posts
I had been the main admin and top poster there for about 10 years, a member for A LOT longer, and had no clue the domain was up for grabs. My home computer went down for about a week and now that it's back up, I find that godaddy has it, and they will not put me in touch with the actual domain owner. If I pay their $120 "broker fee", they MAY be able to put me in touch, but won't say so for sure. And on top of that, I'll also need access to the site files in order to be able to save it. If anyone has an email address for Kramer, or a way to contact "customguru", please let me know. I want to buy the domain and find a way and a place to keep the V8S10.org forum going. Thanks!
You wouldn't happen to know their real life names would you?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rick...Let's hope the files are still intact and this isn't some kind of cancel thing.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
@Rickracer if its on godaddy, they have backups for 30/60 days. but after that if nothing happens, they start to get deleted. I have plenty of room on my server, if you need a place to put the files. If you can buy the domain again, it can be set up to point to a section on my server if you want to go that route

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,524 Posts
@Rickracer if its on godaddy, they have backups for 30/60 days. but after that if nothing happens, they start to get deleted. I have plenty of room on my server, if you need a place to put the files. If you can buy the domain again, it can be set up to point to a section on my server if you want to go that route
I modified your post to tag Rickracer. Hopefully he'll see it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kramer's last name is Kramer, but I don't know his first name. I knew customguru's first name, but can't remember it. If I gotta pay godaddy's broker fee to get access to the domain owner and be able to buy the domain I will, but hoping to be able to contact him directly.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,524 Posts
Kramer's last name is Kramer, but I don't know his first name. I knew customguru's first name, but can't remember it. If I gotta pay godaddy's broker fee to get access to the domain owner and be able to buy the domain I will, but hoping to be able to contact him directly.
Any luck??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any luck??
Nope, no luck at all... but I just checked again, and it's for sale. I put a bid in, now I just have to try to find where the files are...

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,524 Posts
Nope, no luck at all... but I just checked again, and it's for sale. I put a bid in, now I just have to try to find where the files are...
If it was go daddy that hosted it, wouldn't they have the files?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think they hosted it, they just scooped up the domain name.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quick search shows "John Kramer 16463 Plank Rd. Sycamore, IL 60178-8711. "
That helps, the picture associated with that person looks like a pic I remember seeing at one time or another on the site, I just sent him an email.

·
Registered
38 Posts
He posted that info when asked about sending in payment for something or other. I found an archived page

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He posted that info when asked about sending in payment for something or other. I found an archived page
I don't know how current the info I found is, no reply to the email so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, looks like the actual domain owner, (assuming it's Kramer), renewed the domain, and the site is back up! Yeah!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't think it's dead, but something is wrong for sure, I sent jchargu a P/M, no response yet...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Me too, getting this:

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [2054]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts