S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i am about to drop in a 350 a 700r4 from a 4x4 pickup ( the engine is a 72 and tranny is a late 80's.) i wondering if anybody knows which transfer case adapter i would need to bolt to mine.
84 s-10 4x4 extended cab 2.8l 4spd. Also which oil pan would you recomend for this swap. thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
If the trans is out of a 4x4, you can just bolt it right up. If it is out of a 2wd, you are in for some fun. It still bolts up but you will need to take it to a tranny shop to have them swap out the tailshaft for a 4x4 one.

Ryan

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks man i plan to rip into this next week, once i pickup up most of the stuff i need. Do you no which oil pan i would need?

·
Registered
205 Posts
You can get one out of Summit, Jegs, or the JTR conversion book for the 4x4. You need the custom one unless you have a minimum 2" suspension lift so you can clear. If you are handy with a welder, you can cut a 4.3 pan and simply section it back together. Trust me, seems to be more simple by just buying one and typically looks alot better, too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check out the new Summit...

Advanced Adapter's makes an oil pan plus pickup that should make the swap a cinch. I think it costs like $150.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Advanced Adapter pan runs 250.00 in jegs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts