S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is where I sit with my s-10 and the engine swap...

I have all the wiring gutted and all the exhaust cut out...I am trying to find a tranny so I can stab it in all at once...I have all the brackets and pullies except for the power steering...it is not going to take much more to finish it up...then I can start on some body work...Yippie....:thumbup:

this is what the truck looked like before I started...

and this is what I want when I get done! Man I like Photoshop!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks like ya have a plan, not a fan of green but man that would be one nice lookin ride, hope you get it there good luck.

is that a stock 350?

you did that with photoshop? man that is good

couldn't get ya to do some photoshop work on my dare I say Ford truck?? if not oh well, again you seem to have a nice looking project in the works again good luck

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually it is a stock 305...yuck...but it runs good with 2k miles on it...so...anyway...if ya send me the pic of the ford..I might do something with it...when I get bored...

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
pull that rad support out! and unhook your bodymounts and raise it about 4" on blocks from the frame. trust me it will help you alot when puttin in the drivetrain!

lookin good!

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tha_Boom said:
pull that rad support out! and unhook your bodymounts and raise it about 4" on blocks from the frame. trust me it will help you alot when puttin in the drivetrain!

lookin good!
is it a wee bit tight if you don't....

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
xtremer-pxl said:

is it a wee bit tight if you don't....
i'd say a little more than a wee bit. it can be done... but its worth the little xtra effort to do that. and if you want a lot more room yank the fenders off too. also take out your distributer before droppin it in i almost snaped mine off when i was droppin it in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I understand it is kind of an odd request but I do have experience in installing 8's in s-10's so I do enjoy them as well, the reason I observe this site. After seeing what you have done I think you are the person for it. I have always wondered what my truck might look like with a blower through the hood, tubbed, with a mild drop. If you can help that would be appreciated if not I appreciate you considering it, thanks

Attachments

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got my engine and tranny in...I was suprised to see that the stock cross member worked with no mods to it at all...Now I can finish up all of my brackets and radiator...stab the distributor and I should be ready to fire this biotch up...:D

I'll take some pics later this week and post them...I am ready to drive it....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts