S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching far and wide for a damn s10 forum, now I finally found one, and it looks like a good choice. Well lemme get to the point, I've read all the "I4 => V8" conversion posts and I have a few detailed questions to get me started on mine.

My Current setup is a 94 S10 Ext. Cab 2.2L 4cyl. My goal is to have a Vortec 350 in it and retain all electrical systems and everything to stay in working condition, eletrical wise.

1) Will I need to cut out the old, and weld in new motor mounts?
2) What will be the easiest engine/tranny to install (Z28+tranny, or does it make a difference, or does it just come down to $$$ I want to spend)?
3) Will brake lines and such need to be changed?
4) If just these 3 questions are somewhere in a tutorial on how to do this engine conversion ****, just give me that, i'll be more then happy to read something that's already been done, then re-inventing the wheel so to speak.

If anyone suggests a book that I can buy on how to do this, i'll be happy to purchase that and read it aswell. (I've seen the JTR site and whatnot already)

I have about 3-4k that i'm willing to spend on this , if that's too little, please tell me, I wont' go through with it.

Thanks in advance.. If it sounded like a bunch of bull****, just reply with a question if you wish to get details on something, and i'll be happy to do so, cause i'm tired as hell right now.
---
Corey

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
they sell those used manuals on ebay...I suggest buying one and that should answer most of your questions.

there are about 3 companies putting books out for this..

www.advanceadapters.com has alot of good info on their site.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First of many im' sure..

Heh, this is probably the first of many things to check on... My truck has the 2.2L non-vortec engine. I have been reading in these manuals (jtr.com) and such, they talk about their motor mount kits being able to be used in the V6 models easily, i'm wondering right now, the motor mount kits SHOULD be able to be used in my 2.2? Without any modification to the engine compartment?

---
Corey

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I don't know about that..what you should do is call like JTR and ask, that would be the easiest way to find out. I went from the 2.8l to the V8...but that is also in a 1st gen..but I think calling them would be the easiest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts