S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is this guy who goes to school with me and he talks alot of **** and I hate him with a passion for other reasons, and he has like a 1984 Iroc Z28 Camaro and I always rev at him and he never wants to go....his Camaro is bone stock and my truck has a 4.3L CPI with a 40 Series Flowmaster, No Cat, and a K&N Air Filter with 3.08 gears....now I wanna know if me and him go from a stand still who will win, my truck his a 15.8 in the 1/4 mile....give me your opinion and maybe one day his punk ass will gorw balls and race me......oh and by the way my friend had an 86 with a 305 carbuerated Iroz Z28 and I would beat him by like 1.5 cars.....

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
Southern said:
Hey, he said a 350 Z
:nono: you must read his post again :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dude, my other car is a 87 IROC-Z with 350 fuel injected, auto with 58,000 miles,t-tops, 17's with 275/40/17 on back, stock except for K&N filters, and a mallory ignition and I would smoke your truck if it runs 15.8. So I'm gonna go with his Z if it's in decent shape. The Z's have a shift kit from the factory, and It's a sportier car, but I guess it does depend on the circumstances.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Southern, chill out man, i said it was an 84 I dont kow if it has a 305 or a 350 but it must have a 305 then, and POS, where did you get those specs at.....thanks...AARON

·
Registered
12 Posts
My buddies 92 Z28, has a 305 and like 140K on it, but Id still give the nod to him. The Z-28s were made to be fast, but you should just run him and let us know the results. You'll know real quick if its a 350 or 305 by how much space he puts between you. If its a POS like you said and it has a 305 then you've definately got a shot.

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
FaST 94 said:
Hey Southern, chill out man, i said it was an 84 I dont kow if it has a 305 or a 350 but it must have a 305 then, and POS, where did you get those specs at.....thanks...AARON
well it should be a 305 unless he changed the motor so then it wouldnt be stock www.thirdgen.org :thumbup:

·
Original Gangsta
2,308 Posts
if he has a 350 in his car i think you will lose.if he has a 305 you win because my brother has a 92 camaro rs with a 305tbi and i win him all the time.depends of what he has under his hood.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
yep.....there were no 350's in 84, there were no IROCs in 84 also

·
Registered
34 Posts
FaST 94 said:
There is this guy who goes to school with me and he talks alot of **** and I hate him with a passion for other reasons, and he has like a 1984 Iroc Z28 Camaro and I always rev at him and he never wants to go....his Camaro is bone stock and my truck has a 4.3L CPI with a 40 Series Flowmaster, No Cat, and a K&N Air Filter with 3.08 gears....now I wanna know if me and him go from a stand still who will win, my truck his a 15.8 in the 1/4 mile....give me your opinion and maybe one day his punk ass will gorw balls and race me......oh and by the way my friend had an 86 with a 305 carbuerated Iroz Z28 and I would beat him by like 1.5 cars.....
No IROC was ever carbureted and there weren't any IROC's in 84.

·
AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME
2,031 Posts
If that camaro is an LG4 305 with nothing really done to it, its SLOW seriously probably a 16-17 second car, however if he works on it, dont count the little LG4 out, my buddy has an 85 camaro with it slightly warmed over, exhaust, edelbrock intake, rebuilt carb, some kind of comp cam, he removed most of the emissions crap, put in a set of 3.42s from a 4th gen, nothing HUGE just a mild build, but most importantly hes just done it right, fixed all the little problems, he's running mid 14s i think 14.6 was his best run. but man when he first got that thing it was SLOW

·
Registered
213 Posts
my bros IROC is almost completely stock except for a few backyard mods and it runs 13.20s

·
Registered
213 Posts
its an '87 350 TPI, blue pearl,home ported intake, siamesed lower plenum, accel ignition, 3" exhaust w/out cats, 2000rpm stall converter, stock 3.42 posi, throttlebody air-foil, LT1 fuel pump, home-made forced-air

·
Registered
213 Posts
TPIS burned PROM too

1 - 20 of 21 Posts