S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
git-r-done
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys i need some info............my 4 banger just isnt doin it for me and i was wondering if any of you knew if it would be difficult to put a v6 vortec into a 95 s-10 regular cab with a stock four banger?...........i was thinking about the computer and tranny and all that s%@!.....would it be tough?..... i think it would be sweet to put a vortec in my s-10 thanks guys!:headbang:

·
Registered
920 Posts
get a same model year truck and just start swapping parts, youll need the 4.3 motor, tranny, wiring harness and computer, probally the driveshaft too.

Just unbolt from one truck to yours in the simplest terms

·
git-r-done
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that sounds easy but the computer and everything is the same? i dont know much about that damn computer ****

·
Registered
920 Posts
dropt95s10 said:
that sounds easy but the computer and everything is the same? i dont know much about that damn computer ****
The computer is not the same, you need the wiring harness and the computer from the other truck. Then just swap them over with the engine

·
git-r-done
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o ok thanks ALOT man i'll let you know how it turns out

·
Registered
31 Posts
The rear end is also different, if you are going through all that trouble you might want to look on the web for V-8 conversion for your truck. I know they make setups for almost all S-10's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts