S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
You have overlooked...

one of the most effective performance upgrades, head work. A good port, polish, intake gasket match, chamber profiling, larger stainless valves and a competition multi-angle valve job.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Creative Flow Management....

Stage III work includes blending of all casting in the heads including the bowls, gasket matched intake porting, profiling chambers to allow for valve unshrouding and more flow. Polishing the chambers and exhaust bowls. The basic Stage III work was $300. The 1.94/1.50 Ferrea stainless valves just under $100. They eliminate the "O" ring. The competition multi-angle valve job was $125. I had them machine the valve guide tops for more seal/retainer clearance for $15. Drilled and tapped for standard 3/8" rocker studs for $60. ARP studs for $30.
Here is their web addy: http://www.cfmperformance.com

I polished the exhaust ports out all the way when I got them back and gasket matched my lower intake manifold using the same Fel-Pro 1202 blue line gaskets. Installed Comp Cams 105lb 983 Ovate wire springs, 751 retainers and 613 super locks. Comp 1.52 Magnum roller rockers. I used positive seals on all valve guides and umbrella seals on all valves. Unfortunately I had to use the OEM style exhaust rotators to maintain correct installed height on the exhaust springs. New hardened pushrods and roller lifters were dropped in also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts