S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after going back and forth a bunch of times between doing a V8 swap or building up my V6 I am now on the track of building up my V6.

I have a 93 Vortec 4.3L and have been researching what is available.

If anyone is looking for part numbers and costs to build up a V6 feel free to check my website.

http://www.dipple.com/Eric/blazer/project_costs_and_information.htm

It is not a complete list of what could be done to the V6 just a list of what I am looking into so far. I already have a custom dual exhaust so I do not have an interest in the Edlebrock TES header system.

If anyone has some other suggestions about ways to improve the V6 performance let me know

And yes I know doing a V8 would be cheaper I just want to do something a little different (as you can see by looking at the pics my truck :cool: )

Truck Pics

Take care all and I really enjoy this board. Hey anyone know what happen to the BBS and site of s10-4x4.com?

·
Registered
132 Posts
You have overlooked...

one of the most effective performance upgrades, head work. A good port, polish, intake gasket match, chamber profiling, larger stainless valves and a competition multi-angle valve job.

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
DIPPLE

I also went the re-build route w/my 4.3 had the heads p/p matched in/out but did not go for the bigger valves since it is used as a daily driver. had a cam change along w/useual other bolt ons. was worth the time & money .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree that the head work is beneficial. I have not really overlooked it rather have that on hold until I do a complete engine rebuild. When I do that I will then have the head work done and go to 1.6:1 roller rockers as well. :cool:

Just for some insight how much did the head work cost and what size valves do you use? Also what make and part number on the valves?

Thanks again..... :thumbup:

Anyone else do some performance mods to thier 4.3L V6? If so let me know what you did and try to include manufacturer and part number if possible.

·
Accent, what accent
780 Posts
MY THOUGHTS

I am hoping to have the truck dynoed some time this winter. that will give me some hard #'s on how well the engine was done. as for the other mods I have click MY MODS in my sig , that will give all of toy a better idea of how much work has gone into the truck in the last yr.
my advise is to have a look around all the BBS's that dealw/our trucks to get ideas. do some research on what you want to accomplish and ask alot of questions if you don't understand or unsure of something. call the manufactures of the components you wold like if you have questions also.
for the record I started looking at components for my engine 2yrs before the work was done not to mention the $$ I had to put together for it to be done. a ruff total cost for the engine was in the 3.5k neighborhood. I did NOT do any of the work myself it was all farmed out.also the engine was done all at once so I really cant say what the head work was. good luck
sorry fo the book fellas.:thumbup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Creative Flow Management....

Stage III work includes blending of all casting in the heads including the bowls, gasket matched intake porting, profiling chambers to allow for valve unshrouding and more flow. Polishing the chambers and exhaust bowls. The basic Stage III work was $300. The 1.94/1.50 Ferrea stainless valves just under $100. They eliminate the "O" ring. The competition multi-angle valve job was $125. I had them machine the valve guide tops for more seal/retainer clearance for $15. Drilled and tapped for standard 3/8" rocker studs for $60. ARP studs for $30.
Here is their web addy: http://www.cfmperformance.com

I polished the exhaust ports out all the way when I got them back and gasket matched my lower intake manifold using the same Fel-Pro 1202 blue line gaskets. Installed Comp Cams 105lb 983 Ovate wire springs, 751 retainers and 613 super locks. Comp 1.52 Magnum roller rockers. I used positive seals on all valve guides and umbrella seals on all valves. Unfortunately I had to use the OEM style exhaust rotators to maintain correct installed height on the exhaust springs. New hardened pushrods and roller lifters were dropped in also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts