S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing Help.. The only conversion manuals I can find are the ones that deal strickly with the Gen 1's. Can someone please tell me where to find the Manuals for the Gen 2 V-8 Manuals.

·
Registered
860 Posts
don't waste your money. theres plenty of good info on these boards. hit some other forums too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, all the info on the forum is very helpful but I need the Manual for measurements and step-by-step installation. But thanks for the input.

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
strokin_lowdime said:
Yeah, all the info on the forum is very helpful but I need the Manual for step-by-step installation. But thanks for the input.
No such thing exists....

You have to have some inginuity or trust in your mechanical abilities. If you need more than some general direction you shouldnt do this swap. Although many forums have more than enough info on them to help you every step.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info, guys I haven't had any luck in finding the manual, so I guess ill just have to make it work. Thanks for the advise

·
Registered
860 Posts
when it comes to this kind of swap its better to get people opinions and "from experience" advice. in most cases it will probly save you some time.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The V8 swap is nearly the same with the first generation body style and the second generation. They both have the same basic frames and the same basic suspension. They both use the same V8 motor mounts, transmission mounts, steering, driveshaft, and rear-end.
The V8 conversion manual will help you with the basics, and prevent the common problems that many engine swappers have when doing the V8 swap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts