S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Got bondo dust?
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen it done a couple times so obviously it works, but I was wondering if there are any problems with using just one bag in a rear set up. Would one bag have a harder time lifting the back of the truck since it has to lift more weight? Also what about the ride if it was used in a lever type set up. Would it work any better or worse than your standard two bag set up in the same situation? And yes, I know about keeping the axle centered, I have that figured out already, and no, I don't care about hitting sides ;) .

·
lame-o
792 Posts
thumpnsonoma said:
I've seen it done a couple times so obviously it works....
what is your definition or "works"?
Yeah it will lift the rear of the truck
it will also teeter since there all of the weight of the rear is on a single point

If you used some real stiff shocks on the outsides of the axles, it may help a little with the teeter effect

now you want to put it in a lever setup?
I guess my only question is why?

in my opinion it would be like those setups you look at at and just say" wow, this guy really didn't have a clue what he was doing!"

that's just me though

you may not care about hitting sides, but the second you hit a bump, the truck has to sway hard to that side

you would probably have to do some searching as to the correct( i use that term loosely) bag to use

since the entire weight of the rear of your truck is on one bag, and the ratio on the where you have it mounted in a lever fashion, you maybe have to run a 26c or larger to compensate

i don't mean to be offensive, I just don't see the reasoning behind it. A bag is only about $60-$100, so if you are that broke, I would say just save for another bag.

If you are doing it to be "different" , you said so yourself, you have seen it a few times, so it wouldn't be that different would it?

I would leave this one alone and work on a different type of setup!

Good luck with whatever you decide

t

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
thumpnsonoma said:
I've seen it done a couple times so obviously it works, but I was wondering if there are any problems with using just one bag in a rear set up. Would one bag have a harder time lifting the back of the truck since it has to lift more weight? Also what about the ride if it was used in a lever type set up. Would it work any better or worse than your standard two bag set up in the same situation? And yes, I know about keeping the axle centered, I have that figured out already, and no, I don't care about hitting sides ;) .
imagine the bodyroll on that thing...imagine having a little more weight on one side and it will just fall and stay there...:jester: IMO its not a good idea. yeah it will be different alright :bawl2:

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
Heres a Mazdawg at Indy I took a pic of...I forget his name on here but the guy who grafted flames on his hood and sides of his truck is friends with him I believe you might ask him how it works.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Yea, Dustro's truck had it, and thats about the only truck I've seen it on, however, you may wanna ask him how he liked it, since I know he got rid of it in favor of two bags.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Re: Re: Using one bag in back

dragginbalz said:

in my opinion it would be like those setups you look at at and just say" wow, this guy really didn't have a clue what he was doing."
Most of those setups are for show only

since the entire weight of the rear of your truck is on one bag, and the ratio on the where you have it mounted in a lever fashion, you maybe have to run a 26c or larger to compensate

i don't mean to be offensive, I just don't see the reasoning behind it. A bag is only about $60-$100, so if you are that broke, I would say just save for another bag.
The ones I have seen have been larger more expensive bags, where 1 is more $ than any 2 that we normaly use. I have not seen anyone w/ a daily driver using this. It's not about being dumb, or cheap. It's about being different, and as long as it's trailered does it matter if it works in "normal" driving conditions?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
O... and there was a taco in MT that had one, but both dustro's truck and the taco had two links, so that did play a role in eliminating body roll.

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
IntenseMtrsprts7 said:
Heres a Mazdawg at Indy I took a pic of...I forget his name on here but the guy who grafted flames on his hood and sides of his truck is friends with him I believe you might ask him how it works.
saw that in person, pretty cool looking, never got to see it drive though....

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
lowhombre said:
imagine the bodyroll on that thing...imagine having a little more weight on one side and it will just fall and stay there...:jester: IMO its not a good idea. yeah it will be different alright :bawl2:
SlammedDime said:
O... and there was a taco in MT that had one, but both dustro's truck and the taco had two links, so that did play a role in eliminating body roll.
You both are right. If using one bag with a fourlink, the truck would sway from side to side, so you would need to put in a sway bar to provide some roll resistance. With a two link, the axle is mounted solidly to the bars, and it effectively makes the axle the sway bar.
If you are going for something different, put in a properly built, and functional, forward facing fourlink. That will be different :jester:

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
:stupid: lol thats funny, I agree, why be different??? You can be different but still do the thing that works best, like be different by having flame bag mounts or something like that. To me it sounds like someone is just trying to be a little cheaper by only using one bag, lol, j/k.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
yeah well i know dustro also one best suspension setup trophys with his the way it was...and one bag is really also no different than having FB....and the flame bag mounts are gay esp since everyone has flames and maltese crosses everywhere...if u want custom go get/rent a plasma cutter and design something your self.

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
Ahem, I like my flamed upper bag mounts thank you very much

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
low-blazer said:
jesus...flames are gay? Flames have been around alot longer than the minitruck scene and, when done properly, are flat out timeless.

now triblal flames, they're gay :D

no maybe you should learn how to read....i said flame bag mounts are gay...everyone who buys jasons kits has either flames or maltese crosses...and its not very custom or original or different like the guy said they are. and its my oppionion so i really dont give a **** what you all think :phil:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Layd Dly said:
flame bag mounts are gay esp since everyone has flames and maltese crosses everywhere...if u want custom go get/rent a plasma cutter and design something your self.
:werd:

·
fuq dem hataz
142 Posts
nahh i gots the originals nun special....but i would like to knoe were i could get maltese cross side view mirrors

·
Got bondo dust?
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
IRSd_mini said:
You both are right. If using one bag with a fourlink, the truck would sway from side to side, so you would need to put in a sway bar to provide some roll resistance. With a two link, the axle is mounted solidly to the bars, and it effectively makes the axle the sway bar.
If you are going for something different, put in a properly built, and functional, forward facing fourlink. That will be different :jester:

Properly built 4 links are over rated :D

I guess I'll just spill it, I was planning on using a wishbone threelink with the bag mounted as far back on the wishbone as possible and the top of the bag mounted to a custom bridge.

Originally I was going to put in a two bag, over the axle setup, but I decided that was amazingly boring and I wanted something that I've personally never seen.:D

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Layd Dly said:
no maybe you should learn how to read....i said flame bag mounts are gay...everyone who buys jasons kits has either flames or maltese crosses...and its not very custom or original or different like the guy said they are. and its my oppionion so i really dont give a **** what you all think :phil:
Obviously you nead to learn how to read, when I wrote that I used flame bag moutns as an example, why be different to a point where your compromising your suspension, all I ment by "flame bag mounts" is that if you want to be different you can do little things to be "different", who the fock cares how different things are, if you want to be so focking different dont get an s-10 because obviously they are all the same when it comes down to it. There is no such thing as individuality, because everything has been done and even if it hasnt it will be, hell look at how different everyone wanted to be with altezzas, body drops and suicide doors, frankly the only way to be different now is to do normal things.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
LoW_1 said:
Obviously you nead to learn how to read, when I wrote that I used flame bag moutns as an example, why be different to a point where your compromising your suspension, all I ment by "flame bag mounts" is that if you want to be different you can do little things to be "different", who the fock cares how different things are, if you want to be so focking different dont get an s-10 because obviously they are all the same when it comes down to it. There is no such thing as individuality, because everything has been done and even if it hasnt it will be, hell look at how different everyone wanted to be with altezzas, body drops and suicide doors, frankly the only way to be different now is to do normal things.
first off dont cop an attitude cuz i wasbt even talkin to you so apperently u too need to learn how to read.... and how is using a custom mount compromising your suspension...sorry we dont all buy played out brackets we make everything of our own....and we compromise nothing...and sorry flame brackets , and allteezas are on a completley different scale than body drops and suicide doors....and if i knew how played out s-10s were when i was 16 maybe i wouldve bought something different cuz im not even a big fan of them anymore....and wait a couple months and youll be drooling over my shit...just wait...u think my shit is so compromising look in my gallery....o and maybe u can pick out who im talking to next time. :rolleyes:

·
Got bondo dust?
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Go f*cking whore somewhere else, I was hoping for some serious answers when I saw more replies on my post.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts