S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
NuLowz Customs
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I went to Lowe's and checked out some things for the airride and noticed that they had airline. Its a plastic airline that is rated at 225 psi... I am running the 450 compressor and it supposedly only runs around 150psi so I figure I have enough leway to run this airline... The airline is faily cheap at $20 for 50' of it? what do you all recommend?:shrug:

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
I recommend getting DOT approved Airline, but that's just me.

Shop around, and you can get airline for just a few bucks more.

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
I'd rather have something that is DOT rated holding up my truck.

·
NuLowz Customs
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does this really matter as long as the pressure rating is high enough?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
yes it matters, just spend the extra 10 bux and get the dot approved stuff

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
if the DOT approved condoms.....would you buy condoms that were not DOT approved?

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
blue96sten said:
if the DOT approved condoms.....would you buy condoms that were not DOT approved?
probably not. They are rated to a reason.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
slamd98s said:
Does this really matter as long as the pressure rating is high enough?
Here are some of the hidden dangers of that air line...

Its not as durable as DOT airline... which has a hard Nylon base to it, as well as nylon strands interwoven for added strength (1/2" and up)

It has a different "Pressure to Temperature" ratio than DOT line does. DOT line is rated to 150 PSI up to 200 Degrees, where as That line is only rated to its max at 72 degrees, if i remember correctly.

That HD line isn't made to be exposed and tormented in the out door environment like the DOT line that should go on the truck.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
The side wall of that air line is thinner too. This means that it is easier for it to leak around where it connects to the fittings.

·
layin frame biatch
525 Posts
kev clean out ya box

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
futuresweets10 said:
The side wall of that air line is thinner too. This means that it is easier for it to leak around where it connects to the fittings.
The outter diameter is the same, so it will hold just as well... however, the ID, is bigger, which means a smaller sidewall, which means it will burst at lower pressures.

·
Banned
1,458 Posts
SlammedDime said:
The outter diameter is the same, so it will hold just as well... however, the ID, is bigger, which means a smaller sidewall, which means it will burst at lower pressures.
Don't tell them that. Now everyone is going to use it BIGGER ID LESS MONEY WOW. Seriosly I do not recomend using this type of tubing.DOT stands for department of transportation. This means motor vehicles. That means dot aproved means vehicle aproved. GET IT!!

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
:stupid:

If I see any threads from people saying 'I Heard Its got a bigger ID than DOT line', I'm going to fuckin beat your head with a sledge hammer... then stick it on the ground and crush it with the frame of my truck that uses DOT line. :p

Seriously tho guys... a lot of you make threads based on 'I heard this...' F0ck that... read a lil more, and learn why its bad, before you make a thread asking questions that have already been answered.

·
I hate you
2,241 Posts
Do it right the FIRST time........really man you need to get DOT line for your ride along with DOT fittings. Just my .02 take it as you will.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts