S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ZipN
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much boost would i want to run with a procharger if i was going to be using it in traffic? What are some options for keeping it cool...i know Mach's kit comes with a intercooler, but what else?

Thanks,
nelson

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I ran 10 psi in traffic all day long. You could run 20 psi if you wanted, the traffic isnt really going to make a difference. As long as its not WOT then its giving you stock power. I never had a problem with mine overheating even on really hot days.

~jim

·
Registered
940 Posts
i ran a non intercooled vortech all summer with a/c in traffic alot, the biggest thing is keep the stock fan, from everything i ve heard and read it cools better then anything else, i switched to electric fans right now and am messing with overheating issues right now nothing too bad just a little hotter then i would like it thats all.

·
T04E 60-1 Member
229 Posts
xtreme43s10 said:
i ran a non intercooled vortech all summer with a/c in traffic alot, the biggest thing is keep the stock fan, from everything i ve heard and read it cools better then anything else, i switched to electric fans right now and am messing with overheating issues right now nothing too bad just a little hotter then i would like it thats all.

:stupid:

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
I keep my boost below 9lbs in traffic, unless it's below 32mph, then only 6.:boobies:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts