S-10 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Not seen them on any pickups but if I whould make forms it whould not be hard to adapt to the pickup.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Definitely send me a PM if you get some of those tails available... that's the only thing that's pretty much impossible to find in the states. If you get them off of a junk truck it would help to have the bulb sockets/pigtails too.
When I did my Blazer euro tails I think I was able to use reverse sockets in the position for the turn sockets without modifying anything.

IIRC the only difference in sockets is between the single filament and dual filament bulbs, so you can mix and match as needed from the junkyard.

I always wanted a pair on my Hombre too, but sadly sold the pair of S10 tails I had before I ever bought the Isuzu.

I'm just a bit addicted to the yellow rear turns and side markers, now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
did only the first gen blazers have the flares? do the pickups have them as well?
My 1st Gen pickup has front flares not rear, it's mainly a law requirement to have wheels inside of fenders. I would guess this is not special flares made by GM though. It's not a full set either hence why I didn't mention it earlier.

·
Registered
1994 GMC Jimmy SLE, 2010 Cadillac STS
8 Posts
I need a set of those Blazer flares, I’d do unholy things. I’m fine with spending money too though. $500? I don’t even know how to value them, a kidney?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I need a set of those Blazer flares, I’d do unholy things. I’m fine with spending money too though. $500? I don’t even know how to value them, a kidney?
Hi

@Harley is selling Euro flares in the US. Shipping is expensive, so we working together to bring it to the US. 1st Gen is a lot harder to get but easier to remove, there is not many Euro spec 1st gen around simply and getting a set means simply buying the whole car, you will not find it on the junk yards.

Cheers Olof

·
Registered
1994 GMC Jimmy SLE, 2010 Cadillac STS
8 Posts
That was quick thanks Olof. I didn’t think I was going to have to buy a whole Blazer in Sweden though. What do they go for about?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That was quick thanks Olof. I didn’t think I was going to have to buy a whole Blazer in Sweden though. What do they go for about?
Lol no I didn't mean you as in you yourself would need to buy it rather that they never show up on junkyards. Hence either your extremely lucky somebody parting out a Gen 1 or as in all my cases I buy a parts car. The Blazer is not that expensive in Sweden around $500 for a parts car, what is expensive is fetching it, since they don't grow on trees like over in the States its most of of the time a few hours drive to get one with either a truck or trailer and our gas is at $5.90 per gallon so the cost fetching it can easily go to another $300 if not more. I have not seen a good Gen 1 Blazer for over a year but a daily driver one with no rust (and here we have a ton of rust) will fetch $2000. A Gen 1 S10 pickup maybe $2500 to $3000, nice cars are more. Anyways if you want flares and other Gen 1 Euro stuff just talk with @Harley and he will set you up.

Cheers Olof

21 - 28 of 28 Posts