S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

Have four 1st gen Blazers, all are sports models, it’s one 91, two 92 and a 94, the idea is to make two nice Blazers out of it. The European Blazer differ from their US counter parts on a number of points. I’m pretty sure official import of Blazers and S10 pickup started with the 4-door arrival of the Blazer. I’ve not seen any Euro spec blazers before 91 MY. 1st Gen sales must been modest compared to 2nd as there is very few of them around compared to the 2nd that is very common for being a US car in Sweden. Bare mind e.g. the Chevrolet Venture/Transsport was best selling mini van in Sweden and was sold all the way to 2007. Never got GM’s overseas strategy at all, it’s like they shoot them self in the foot. All European spec Blazers are very loaded, US cars has always been seen as luxury cars even a Chevy so always have a lot of options. It’s a bit like European cars are always sold fully loaded in the US.

European Blazers has a body kit which I never seen on US models, it’s wider wheel flares, black cladding on rockers and special door handle escutcheon, the side moldings are also different from the either ribbed or smooth ones with a chrome mylar inserts normally found on the US versions. As can be seen in the pictures below.

To Be Continued

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
There are also different taillights and fog/reverse light setups, it’s all E marked too, and not dot marked. There is also a side repeater turn signal on the front fenders

Glass and rear view mirrors are also E marked

The headlights are H4 halogen types and has high pressure washer system, they are also height adjustable from the inside so you can adjust the lights when towing. The wheel in the console is adjusting the vertical aligment of the lights.

One funny thing is the wipers, all wiper arms has this rubber spoiler thingy all European Blazers I’ve seen with very few exceptions to it. Me thinking it’s been torn or removed by owner over time on the ones not having it.

There was a also a company in Germany, Hazlbeck that did their own version of the Blazer bit like Starcraft and it’s GM vans.

It consisted of special wheels, extra rocker cladding, different front and rear bumper, and a Oldsmobile Bravada front with Chevy emblem :) and special spare wheel cover. You might notice the spare tire carrier is different but I don’t know why. I think it broke as the other of my Hazelbecks has the std Chevy carrier.

To be continued

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Interior had lots of fake plastic wood and a special steering wheel. One thing was real wood though and that was the lid on the center console.

To be continued

Attachments

·
time to get cereal
3,209 Posts
Good info. Howabout that Fiero and Grand Prix? Is that blue 2nd gen a pickup?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Good info. Howabout that Fiero and Grand Prix? Is that blue 2nd gen a pickup?
Fireo was never imported officialy to Europe, it was still a pretty popular car hence my comment of GM's overseas strategy. W-body Grand Prix and Buick Regal was but I guess in lesser scale than what they anticipated for the S-10 Pickup/Blazer as they are excempt to large degree from E marked light etc. Still GM got to fix things like orange parking light so it's white etc.. to make them legal. The Buick Regal had quad square lamps in some markets in Europe and I think the Grand Prix was the same, the Pontiac Bonneville (1st gen FWD) fore sure had as I've seen them. My Grand Prixes and my Bonneville don't and they are official import, my Regal (1st gen FWD) has quad square lamps (H4 halogen). The blue one is a 95 2nd 4x4 also Euro version. On a note the 94-95 2.2L 5-speed Extended cab you look for is not uncommon in Europe as we favor manual and smaller engine in a general sense. You could import it (expensive shipping) as it's now more than 25 years old.

Cheers Olof

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just checked and there is a 185 2.2L 5-speed Extended cab (pre facelift) in Sweden (on a population of 10 million).
Cheers Olof

·
time to get cereal
3,209 Posts
Thanks, but the cost would be much lower to find one here. Really, all I need is the cab, and the transmission would be nice too, since I have an NV1500 and would rather have a T5. Pre-96 vehicles are emissions exempt in my state, and while I plan on keeping my emissions systems working, I want to run a custom engine controller called Megasquirt.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how can i get the euro fender flares?
:) you buy a European Spec Blazer I guess. I saw your PM so will answer there too. The thing is that Euro spec 1st Gen blazers aren't exactly common, Sweden which probably has the highest numbers of US cars in the whole of Europe has about 180 1st Gen Facelift 4 doors Blazers the version that was imported. Majority is Euro spec but some is gray import too so there aren't many around it took me a year to collect the ones I have. Many of them get neglected and are turned into off road only cars used by hunters and for fun, and then they don't last long.

Best idea is probably to make some form of the flares and produce new ones in GRP or similar material. Gen 2 has similar Euro spec flares but are more common and easier to get hold but still maybe a good idea to make of them too as I assume there is a market for it in the US as there is no great flare kits for both generations.

Cheers Olof

·
time to get cereal
3,209 Posts
What do the tail lights look like on the blue 2nd gen? Do they have separate amber turn signals?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What do the tail lights look like on the blue 2nd gen? Do they have separate amber turn signals?
Yes they do, and so does the S10 pickups also. I'm likely to get a face lifted 2nd Gen Blazer and then I will do a post of differences between US and Euro versions.
It's sad to see GM and their inept way of dealing with exports, I miss being able to walk in to a Chevy/Buick/Pontiac/Cadillac dealer in Sweden.

·
time to get cereal
3,209 Posts
I doubt you'd wanna part with those tail lights, but I'd love to have some. I already have amber turn signals but they are in the place where the back up lights usually are.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2nd Gen Blazer Euro Spec

Again the Blazers imported to Europe are nearly all fully loaded, while S10 Pickup's not so much as it's more of a well pickup. I will post more pictures of the Euro 2nd Gen S10 pickup later.

Again there is Euro specific fender flares

All windows are E marked and so are majority of lights, amber rear turn signals, parking light is integrated to main beams which are H4 halogen with cleaning system.

Mirror is also E marked

Here is the S10 pickup tail lights as a preview.

Cheers Olof

PS: There are more differences, but I need to verify it all first.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I doubt you'd wanna part with those tail lights, but I'd love to have some. I already have amber turn signals but they are in the place where the back up lights usually are.
Are you talking of S10 pickup or blazer, the blue is a S10 pickup.

·
time to get cereal
3,209 Posts
The one's in the last picture, the red truck. Those would be awesome!

I'm guessing all of your stuff is LHD? I know there were RHD Blazer exports as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, all my S10 related parts are LHD. I should be able to have a set of Euro tail lights in a bit, btw that truck is an ext cab, 5 speed behind a 2.2 but rusty....

·
time to get cereal
3,209 Posts
Definitely send me a PM if you get some of those tails available... that's the only thing that's pretty much impossible to find in the states. If you get them off of a junk truck it would help to have the bulb sockets/pigtails too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Definitely send me a PM if you get some of those tails available... that's the only thing that's pretty much impossible to find in the states. If you get them off of a junk truck it would help to have the bulb sockets/pigtails too.
Sure, I will get them next month most likely as I'm getting a S10 junker that I will part out

Cheers Olof

1 - 20 of 24 Posts