S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Debating I am waiting to decided on amps first. Because without the right amps subs ain't shit. My friend is telling me to get the audiobahn sound q series because he can get me 4 12's for like $225. How would that work though when they subs are dual 6 ohm voice coils? I was thinking about two RE XXX 15's. I need to figure out amps before i really sit down and think about subs.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
oh bra...2 XXX 15's in a well built ported enclosure...that would own..

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
haha good luck doin that with even just 2 of them...hehe..sheit i noticed i got a little def and i all i have are 2 SE's 10's..heh

ah fock da hearing wen u get old..at least ur goin def the right way..hahhahha jk

·
Registered
8,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will probably have it tuned down unless I need to clown you know? I don't need it to hit hard constantly. I also thought about runnining 4 12" crystals. I ran 2 10" crystals with a 500 DHD power cruiser amp and that hit hard even with the shitty amp.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
2 XXX 15s and 2 2000x's would be insanely loud if your box is ANY bit decent. I'd go with that man :p

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
mmats subs eh? i heard that those are straight up spl subs..very good in comps..but wen put with ~music~ it sound like shit..but i dunno i could be wrong..its just wat i heard..i think i heard that on this forum too heh

·
Registered
133 Posts
my friend has a 15 in juggernaut,its freaking LOUD,but its not musical at all :),my windows shake when he is about 4 cars in front of me,its insane

·
Registered
8,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Or I just found out I can get Kicker L7's in 12's for $150 so maybe I will do 4 of them what do you think. 2 XXX for about what 800-900 of 4 L7's for 600?

·
Registered
819 Posts
do the kickers man im into my competitions go with kickers they got a good warranty and they hit and you can run them at a low ohm easy which pulls maxximum juice from your amp juggernauts ****in pound to but they are pricy if you aint worried about db go with eclipses they are loud but they dont hit a hi db and id reccomend a kicker 1200.1 amp you can run them down to a 1/4 of an ohm and they start really pushin planet audion are god to so have luck

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
i dont think XXX are daily driver subs...

·
Got V8?
3,263 Posts
dropt98chevy said:
I need to figure out amps before i really sit down and think about subs.
You should match the amp to your subs not find subs to match your amp :yikes:
Are you looking to be loud? Figure out which subs give you the most linear displacement for the money

·
Registered
133 Posts
dustins85 said:
do the kickers man im into my competitions go with kickers they got a good warranty and they hit and you can run them at a low ohm easy which pulls maxximum juice from your amp juggernauts ****in pound to but they are pricy if you aint worried about db go with eclipses they are loud but they dont hit a hi db and id reccomend a kicker 1200.1 amp you can run them down to a 1/4 of an ohm and they start really pushin planet audion are god to so have luck
dude kickers have no sq at all,u can run any speaker at low ohm.....the kicker 1200.1 isnt very stable at all at 1/4 of an ohm,do that and fry the bitch,the eclipses if put into the right boxes u can get really really high db and very good sq,especially on the titaniums,for some reason it seems like u dont know what ur talking about,maybe someone can back me up on this??but anyways the XXX can be daily drivers and they sound damn good doing it,i would get the 2 XXX's if i had the money

·
Registered
8,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What is a good/cheap website to get the XXX's off of? The 2 15's in the cab isn't going to be too nutty is it? I want it to hit hard but not so hard that I can't sit in the car with the stereo on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts