S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone this is my first post... I am putting LED tail lights in, and b/c of they use much less power than regular bulbs, my turn signal is is flashing like a machine gun because the flaser thinks a bulb is out. Where is the turn signal flasher located on a 2000 blazer? I have unscrewed the steering column and cannot find it anywhere. The clicking sound comes from under the glove compartment but I think that is different... Thanks for the help!

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay I called a Chevy dealor service desk and asked them... its IS under the glove compartment in its own small little compartment, so the clicking I was hearing over there was in fact the flasher... jeez it couldnt have been under the steering column that I spent a half hour trying to get it, just like all other cars could it!!

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that I have the flasher, I have no clue what to do with it. I was supposed to cut a specific circuit to stop the burned-out-bulb
speed flashing mechanism, but my turn signal flasher looks nothing like the example I am following... fantastic.

Here is the EXAMPLE from this website (The RED dot is what to cut):

http://www.stu-offroad.com/electrical/led1/led-3.htm

And here is what MINE looks like:

Does anyone have any idea of which circuit I cut to disable the speed-flashing mechanism?

Thanks for the help!!!

Kyle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts