S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 97 GMC Sonoma 4.3L Auto 75,000 miles.
I m bring it to my Dad's shop Friday to give it a good look over oil and tune up.

Can you guys give me advice on what mods you would recommend first and brands. Here is my plan so far:

intake:
TB Spacer:
Headers:
Cat:
Cat back:
Ignition:
plugs:
pulleys:

·
2nd place is the1st loser
238 Posts
Do the intake and catback first.Those are some of the first things to do.Both are restictive and rob pwer.They will also compliment future mods.

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
If you can't afford a catback, swapping a performace muffler such as a flowmaster, ravin, magnaflow in place of the stock muffler will help for sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i now about the cat back but if i was going to do the exhuast i would like to do it all at once. Also if i didnt do headers would it be a good idea to get a new y pipe with a bigger outlet to a highflow cat then a flowmaster cat back. Is it possible for that type of y pipe or do i have to get it made. One other thing what type of flowmaster cat backs do u have.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
atedechi said:
I just got a 97 GMC Sonoma 4.3L Auto 75,000 miles.
I m bring it to my Dad's shop Friday to give it a good look over oil and tune up.

Can you guys give me advice on what mods you would recommend first and brands. Here is my plan so far:

intake:
TB Spacer:
Headers:
Cat:
Cat back:
Ignition:
plugs:
pulleys:
intake: K&N drop in and cut the box or spend the money and
get a good Intake

TB Spacer: don't waste your money unless you change over to a
tbi it will do nothing for you

Headers: JBA, Heddman, Edlebrock well worth it

Cat:Catgo, ,Dynomax High Flow

Cat back: Buy a muffler and have it welded in and dumped
cheaper than a catback Brands Spintech, Dynomax, Flo
Pro, Magnaflo

Ignition: Do it all or wait (ignition, Plugs, Cap and rotor, Coil)
MSD, Accel, Mallory not gonna add power byt will add MPG

plugs: AC's are the best for our trucks... stick with what you
have or get the AC Rapidfires not gonna do much for you

pulleys: March Pullies Worth doing but i would do a complete
exaust first

Y Pipe- SLP sales a premade y pipe for the truck well worth
getting

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
With any of these things it would invaluable to test before & after EACH mod to see if u wasted your time & $$$.

This is all part of the new sections I want this forum to add. Then u & all of us will KNOW what to do first,sec., etc & what any mod does or doesn't do.

·
Registered
610 Posts
i went to a performance shop and asked about parts na he said that pullies can throw off the crankshaft and timing...he builds 800+ HP Supras and he says that they never put pullies on them...

·
Registered
5 Posts
SSVortec said:
i went to a performance shop and asked about parts na he said that pullies can throw off the crankshaft and timing...he builds 800+ HP Supras and he says that they never put pullies on them...

ehhh... the pulleys have nothing to do with the crankshaft and timing..

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
:stupid:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts