S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What causes this issue? Radiator and heater core are less than a year old.

· Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am talking about the radiator hoses.

I can smell coolant so I bought the dye, and in the process of putting it in the radiator I noticed the top hose is hot, while the bottom hose is as cold as ambient temperature. I left it running for approx 30 minutes with same results.

· Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bought a new one from oreilly's earlier and changed that puppy out and it still seems that the lower hose is cooler than what it should be.

On a side note I believe we have found the coolant "leak" which is a freeze plug but I'm not sure which one yet.

· Premium Member
1,143 Posts
it seems normal to me if the hot coolant leaves thermo into radiator and the air cools it off then starts the return back to water pump ,wouldn't that be how it was designed to operate.

· Tech Mod
39,400 Posts
Dont we all?

No :D

like it was said the post above me, the hot coolant leaves the thermostat and cool coolant enters the water pump.

· Tech Mod
39,400 Posts
haha you were wrong *points finger* :p

· Sure why not.
2,319 Posts
If the truck isnt overheating, a properly working radiator?
Hmmm lol.

If your radiator is putting hot coolant back into the engine it is fail.

Thermostat opens hot stuff goes in the top runs down cooling passages turns into cold stuff, cold stuff goes back in through the bottom to get hot again. A vicious cycle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.