S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im remaking my thread that got deleted. i dont feel like retyping everything so ill just post the pictures, and if u have questions about aqnything just ask and ill answer.

Front

back:

thats about all of them for now atleast

·
What to put here?
1,649 Posts
Sucks that your thread is gone........ Looks good as allways man.
Love thos tringale notches to!

·
What to put here?
1,649 Posts
O and two other things to man......... Got any more picks of that crossmimber installed. And will it fit under the bed floor? Thanks:D !

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
i like ur crossmember better than mine... thats the only thing i was unhappy with was how it looked, but i couldnt get it to bend at all so i know its good.

·
Ranger Driver
1,609 Posts
cool man, always liked ur truck, color is cool

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
its a 3 link bud...

·
^laid on tie rods
1,148 Posts
LOL thats the 2nd time someones mistaken that for a 4 link

EDIT: when i do my back, can i copy your link design. I think it looks SICK...but i'd use step notches instead to make it a little different. Truck is gonna be sick when it's done..cant wait to see it

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes they are re7 in the front. locks out the control arms with 60 psi.

pics of the crossmeber installed are already up. i cut it so that the tabs went all the way through so i could weld them in the front adn teh back for extra strength.

i think the crossmeber is going to be close to the bed floor. it will prob stick through. its made out of 3/16th also. i wanted 1/8 but the metal shop was out. ive got 1/8 plate to close the frame up to help it also sum

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh and a warning about those notches. i used practcally the whole notch, and it clears fine with my 28 inch tires when the front is layed. and its perfectly centered. but when i lift the front. the axle hits the notch. its only at teh very top of the fronts lift. just a warning to ya guys

·
Burnt Blazer
2,704 Posts
i had my upper bars setup like yours ontop the drive shaft loop, now i wish i wouldn't have. but it makes for a good place cuz you can put your lowers high inside the frame rails with no worry of hittin them. the only downfall with mine was my bars were parallel when laid out not at ride height.

the truck looks good nice work

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
ya mine are parrallel when layed out to but its no big deal... i normally ride really low in the rear anyways

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mine are parellel at ride height. but i made my ride height to low. oh well. u live and learn. im going to start laying out the bag brackets today. i quit my job to work on my truck more haha.

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
lol nice, i wish i could but i have to have $$$ to pay the bills

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well when ur 18, still in highschool, and dont have any bills besides buying stuff for my truck, u can afford to quit for a couple months. i have like 800 saved still. should be wnough to finish my truck to teh point i can drive it again. besides all i was doing was washing cars at a chevy dealer, and it sucked. im going to try to get an internship at john byers (custom local shop).

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
not much of an update. i got the lower part of the notch welded in. started tightening the 4 link bolt with the numatic air ratchet. but when it got tight it swung my hang and pinched my thumb on my notch. got a deep cut and 5 stitches. so thats going to slow me down for a while haha.

1 - 20 of 220 Posts